Toronto Trainz Project (TTP)

applegathc

NoT tHe StAtUeS!
I'm thinking of starting a Toronto Route Project. This project will cover all of Toronto from Oshawa to Etobicoke. And I want people to be working on this with me. Yes Gisa I'm talking to you...and anyone else from Toronto on here. I want to start it this summer '09.

Neilsmith79 has a good template we can build off of (TORONTO LAKESHORE WEST)...if he gives us permission of course. Also we could incorperate Lars' CN MacMillian yard (if it's finished?) into this since those are the only two Toronto-related routes I can think of.

I would like to start creating parts of these with some buddies:

CP Rail Subs:

North Toronto
Galt
Belleville
Canpa

CN Subs:

Halton
York
Kingston
Uxbridge
Oakville (done by Neilsmith79...permits?)
Weston
Newmarket
Bala

I've feebly started on this with my GO Scarborough Module...but I hope to add more modules with friends.:wave: ;)

Anybody in?

cam

By all means, you have my permission to start off using the TLW. I should mention that, though the scale is very accurate, it's not oriented exactly correctly. If anyone was hoping to use DEM, or something like that, it won't really match up too well, as my map is rotated by probably about 30degrees. Anyway, I'd love to see the eastbound progress!!!!

By all means, you have my permission to start off using the TLW. I should mention that, though the scale is very accurate, it's not oriented exactly correctly. If anyone was hoping to use DEM, or something like that, it won't really match up too well, as my map is rotated by probably about 30degrees. Anyway, I'd love to see the eastbound progress!!!!

Thats ok...this isnt gunna be 100% accurate...I'm actually gunna try to do the route in your way of making it (if that made any sense :hehe:). Also am I allowed to release this with your route in it?

Which version are you planning on doing this in?

TRS2006

Will it be freeware and hosted on the DLS?

Thanks John

I doubt it will be on the DLS but you bet it'll be free. :wave: :cool:

cam

Feel free to release it with the Oakville sub included - just remember to give credit to everyone who contributed!!!! :hehe:

Has anyone noticed the routes that actually reach completion are the ones that are announced on the forums as being almost done, and are accompanied by screenshots?

These "trial balloons" some people send up rarely produce any actual content, particulary when they are recruiting others to help with the project.

Just an observation...:D

You do realize that downtown Toronto already exists in TRS2006. Okay its the wrong era, but it is accurate and would make a starting point. Tom.

I'm not sure it's fair to say that the Toronto Rail Lands is an accurate representaion, considering that 90% of those tracks don't even exist anymore! I think they were going for a more recent representation of the area.

I think it'd be awesome if this whole plan came together, but as Euphod mentioned, I'll believe it when I see it! :hehe:

Anyway, I've done my part - the challenge goes out to everyone else!! lol

I'm not sure it's fair to say that the Toronto Rail Lands is an accurate representaion, considering that 90% of those tracks don't even exist anymore! I think they were going for a more recent representation of the area.

I think it'd be awesome if this whole plan came together, but as Euphod mentioned, I'll believe it when I see it! :hehe:

Anyway, I've done my part - the challenge goes out to everyone else!! lol

True, but some of the buildings do. Union Station, Royal York, John St. Tower, Scott St. Tower, Cherry St. Tower, etc. Several other still exist but have changed or have been relocated. Cabin D and Don Station for instance are now at the "Roundhouse Park" the former CPR Roundhouse. Tom.

Oh ya...TTP....lmao bump much?

I think it's an idea, I'm sort of starting to doubt it's inception, but hey! Next summer, anything could happen..

Big idea, big bites. No little nibbles for this one. Just be careful you don't choke on some of the larger bits. Aside from just the track work, landscaping is going to be a major job. Good luck. Looking forward to see some screen shots. :wave:

I live near the Canpa sub and know the area well, I could offer assistance with some scenery/object creation.

Any chance when you're creating this expansion would it be possible to use actual interactive platforms like Platform350 and 350m one platform or even invisible platform 500m?? So we can stuff it with passengers?

Back