Log car design idea

NIARTcar

Graphic Designer for Amtr
Well, I was going through a stack of papers and I came across a calender with a few logging pictures in it..... I flipped through it a couple times and found a log car, I thought was worth a shot to model, unfortunately my skills in creating content are subpar and I dont wish this project to die, sooo..here it is:
logging001-2.jpg

The caption says that the car is part of the Yosemite Lumber company roster.

it appears to be a log flat wagon, with a backboard (for more load support)
there is also braces that support the logs on the flat

Any opinions? wat do you think?

they are simular, but they only have one wall, and i was thinking making something in the 3 foot scale would be a nice addtion to the collection.

Pretty sure those are standard gauge cars, as the Yosemite Lumber Co was a standard gauge incline railroad. The incline is the reason for the bulkhead on one end (the downhill end) of the flat cars.
Google 'Yosemite lumber incline' for additional pictures.
Bendorsey is currently putting a series of YVRR (Yosemite Valley Railroad) equipment on the DLS; he may already have plans to create this car.

Its just a thought for a 3 foot gauge version..... it would go good with slugsmasher's equipment though...
my personal idea:
Rio%20Grande%20log.gif

scale the car down, and try to make the backing a little propotionaly bigger.

Last edited:
Future of Cars

Cars are built according to a new model, and will be electric, autonomous, and connected. It will bring a number of benefits to society: less pollution, more safety, more free time and services.

Tesla's Future in Car Industry

Musk's automaker currently sells only four models - two sedans and two SUVs - but has big plans to expand its offering in the near future. Semi-trucks and supercars are due to arrive by 2023, and Musk said electric ATVs, $ 25,000 cars, and vans are also in the works.

Elon Musk Acquiring Twitter

After making successful Tesla and Spacex, now Elon is now acquiring Twitter for his personal reasons or for the betterment of free speech. Although, he has millions of followers on Twitter that he uses as an advertising tool for Tesla's new products or services. I think he is acquiring it for his personal use as well. Making a public company a private is good for Elon as a personal brand.

After making successful Tesla and Spacex, now Elon is now acquiring Twitter for his personal reasons or for the betterment of free speech. Although, he has millions of followers on Twitter that he uses as an advertising tool for Tesla's new products or services. I think he is acquiring it for his personal use as well. Making a public company a private is good for Elon as a personal brand.

I think he will come up with subscription fees for using Twitter.

Back