JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

I know I'm not the "voice of reason" but...

C'mon guys.

They are obviously different, no matter what the source was for each of them. This is swinging back and forth like Lindsay Lohan jogging!

Digital Roundhouse was cutting edge way back when, and Andy made great models for the Trainz of the time. It's great to see them resurrected now, details be damned.

JR is turning out a fine model designed for Trainz of these times, and the attention to detail is masterful.

If one is free and one is not...so what? Enjoy the free ones, and if you want to, then buy and enjoy the payware...you get what you pay for!

Let's not criticize either creator for their work, let's rejoice in the choices that are given us...

Last edited:
There may be clear differences to some, it's a matter of opinion. If Jointed Rail spent more time coming up with their own renders, instead of thieving from everyone else maybe I would be more willing to give credit where it should be due. As soon as you post what many of us know is true about them on here ...they all come running with their childish immature follow-up comments faster than stink on s***...wouldn't think you'd be so quick to jump on a "accusation" if you had nothing to worry about. How about a adult response for a change I would imagine if you put all of your brains together you could come up with at least one, I mean really GROW UP ..how about you throw a Gmax render out there that hasn't been shaded or colored ...yea I think not. Awfully funny how the very items at RRmods that are in the works to be released or inner workings to be released magically appear within days of RRmods releasing on JR's site...doesn't take much to figure out there is some thieving going on and some are RATS in the mix. JOINTED FAIL ....now there's something you don't have to steal I give it to you willingly !!

may i ask how soon until the dash 8s will be released? i have a few good ideas for a up adition for them, may i ask one thing though? it is kinda off topic though, it has to do with the jr custom interrors

There may be clear differences to some, it's a matter of opinion. If Jointed Rail spent more time coming up with their own renders, instead of thieving from everyone else maybe I would be more willing to give credit where it should be due. As soon as you post what many of us know is true about them on here ...they all come running with their childish immature follow-up comments faster than stink on s***...wouldn't think you'd be so quick to jump on a "accusation" if you had nothing to worry about. How about a adult response for a change I would imagine if you put all of your brains together you could come up with at least one, I mean really GROW UP ..how about you throw a Gmax render out there that hasn't been shaded or colored ...yea I think not. Awfully funny how the very items at RRmods that are in the works to be released or inner workings to be released magically appear within days of RRmods releasing on JR's site...doesn't take much to figure out there is some thieving going on and some are RATS in the mix. JOINTED FAIL ....now there's something you don't have to steal I give it to you willingly !!

Just let us know when you're done spamming our thread. Oh and by the way... http://jointedfail.com Thanks!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nobody stole anything! If I asked one of the RR mods Staff if JR stole there meshes, he would say no. They are not the guys who would do this.

Last edited:
Just let us know when you're done spamming our thread.

Thanks!

I don't think he is intelligent enough to know how to stop.His actions from last night till now show me that he has no life and I think he keeps forgetting that this is just a computer game

My god.
Justin posted a render shot of the unit back in September of last year when a USLW member was asking about an SD80. He stated that he began work on it back in Feb of 2010.
Unfortunately, the link no longer works (Directory clean-up), but maybe the screen is still available.

There may be clear differences to some, it's a matter of opinion.

Opinion insinuates that there is a debate of if something is true or not, or suggests that there is varying views on something.

If there are clear differences, then it's not a matter of opinion, but rather fact.

how about you throw a Gmax render out there that hasn't been shaded or colored ...yea I think not.
Gmax in itself cannot render.

Awfully funny how the very items at RRmods that are in the works to be released or inner workings to be released magically appear within days of RRmods releasing on JR's site...
Please review the release date of JR's Utah Belt skins with the release date of RRMod's Utah Belt skins. Jointed Rail's releases were several months earlier than that of RRMods.

...they all come running with their childish immature follow-up comments faster than stink on s***...
Your comment is exactly that.

Have a GREAT day!

Dillon

Last edited:
regards of the jr cabs

ok my question is that the custom cabs for jointedrail is that when in them i cant see sceenery objects or splines? what is that all about? i use trainz 2009 and dont know how to update it so it strait out of the box. is there any way i can fix this? at all?

Dear Sh*tstorm,
First of all, let me just let you know that your insane ramblings are very amusing, even if it is just because of their idiocy. Anyway, judging my your post, it is very obvious that you have never created anything in any sort of modeling program in your life. First off, why the hell would you throw out a non baked render if you had the ability to bake. Sure, you might be using a program that doesn't support baking, such as Gmax, but JR uses 3DSMax, as I think that RRmods does.

Secondly, big deal, some times JR and RRmods release the same locomotive type with close release dates. I have seen RRMods release something after JR has just as much as the opposite. Does this mean that there is rampant thieving going on? Not at all. It just means that maybe some modelers should start working on something than EMD. I mean, if you look at both RRmods and JR, they are predominantly EMD builders in the second gen and higher. There is going to be some overlap. If you put the two locos next to each other, the difference becomes very apparent. Sure, they are similar dimensions, an the same shape, but the details are different. Also, RRmods and JR both have their own style to them that set them apart from each other and from other creators.

Also, as for them commenting on your post so fast, this is their thread that is about their business. It kind of makes sense that they do. Hell, I am not even part of JR and I am here bitching you out for your stupidity. As for their "apparent guilt" shown by them jumping on your dumb azz so quick, you obviously know nothing about business marketing. PR is pretty powerful at getting sales, and some people are inherently stupid, so you need to jump on something like this to cut down on the people that would join the misinformed mob.

Now, let's take a look at the model in question. It is an SD80/90MAC. RRmods just released a freeware version that is a slightly updated version of an old Digital Roundhouse model that hasn't been available for years. JR released a render of their own mesh that they have been working on for months. (It might even be in this thread, but a few months ago, JR released a preview of what they had on the mesh.)

Now let's get to the meat of your dumbassery. You are still butthurt because of one paranoid user's accusation that JR stole his mesh for his wellcar. Anyone who looked at the two cars next to each other could see the differences. While they were the same size and shape, things were placed differently on one compared to the other. The size of certain parts was different. Guess what, this is what you would see normally when you put two different meshes based off of the same, readily available diagrams next to each other.

Anyway, my suggestion to you is that you give up on TRS, build a time machine, and go back in time to the 70s. I hear that there is a great little club in South America that you will fit right in with. I hear the refreshments are to die for.

You are honestly the most clueless "Head of PR" this world has ever seen, might as well hang a sign above your head that says PR = P**is Rentals.

You also preach about JR releasing equipment in time with RRMods, does the fleet of Utah Belt locomotives that your team released within 2 weeks of the JR release ring a bell? Maybe you'd also like to see the render of the 80MAC we all saw 6+ months ago? How about building well cars after Joe released his? How about making a caboose when JR made two types?

Last edited:
It's damn pathetic that some people are so ignorant and naive that they think that more than one content creator could not possible be making the same model at the same time. Just because they don't always advertise what they are making is not proof that anything was stolen. You think that RRMods has the exclusive rights to create anything. Maybe I should jump on the band wagon and start accusing RRMods of hacking into my computer and stealing the meshes to a half dozen locos I've been slowly working on for the last 5 years and releasing them. There is very notable differences in those two models that all but the very stupid can see. And the only reason the very stupid can't see it is because they don't want to. Your saying that JR should post some Gmax renders of their SD80. What use would that be. All that would happen is you would accuse them of doctoring the renders to make them look different. As it's been pointed out before, how about you showing some proof that the mesh was stolen. All I've seen so far is accusations and nothing to sustain them.

I can't wait for the cabs to be finished for these JR locos.:cool:

cf296f38.jpg

Bill

Jointed Rail and RRMods (forgive me in regards to say specifics, just to keep from adding more fuel to the fire on here) Both of the respected Content Creators of both engines/rolling stock/scenery etc.. deserve a much needed THANK YOU. I have been waiting since UTC to have an SD80MAC. I for one am truthfully astonished and kind of embarrassed on how something so needed can have such a 'nit-pick' response from our fellow trainzers. Please Keep up the magnificent work, I will be happy either way.

PS-I don't mean to exclude all other respected Content Creators, I am grate full for all of you, and thank you.

I don't even know what some of this means. I don't use gmax, and I'm not stealing a render from anyone else, I'm sorry but you dont know what you are talking about. Why do you wnat to see a render of the models not shaded or colored?also i would imagine since Jr and rrmods are the best at us content that we would work on similar items simultaneously at some point, but even if we do, so what? any idea of one stealing from the other is pure imagination. I would be glad to post some uncolored models but I had thought that to the public they look dull and do not neccesarily reflect te final standard of quality that will be in the finished product.

As soon as you post what many of us know is true about them on here ...they all come running with their childish immature follow-up comments faster than stink on s***...wouldn't think you'd be so quick to jump on a "accusation" if you had nothing to worry about. How about a adult response for a change I would imagine if you put all of your brains together you could come up with at least one, I mean really GROW UP

Well as far as I can see the only person who is your side is Evan123. If you consider JR's response childish, then let us consider some of the actions of your only supporter (Evan123) when he was a member at USLW shall we. How about lowering people's karma points because of his personal grudges against some of the members there and not based on what they posted and then cries and complains when he found out.

As far as jumping on an "accustation," what's wrong with a group defending themselves. What I find childish is how quick you were to make an accusation with no proof. I was intenending to purchase some of your nice gp15s but after what you have done you have lost all of my business.

@Firestorm32

If you insist on posting further posts attacking other members/groups on these forums, then understand that any further posts of this nature will be seen as personal attacks, and we will take further action. In particular as you have refused to show proof of your accusations.

As always, issues such as this should be taken up privately, off the forums. These forums are not for playing out personal disputes.

Back