Japan

True, it could be a lot of fun.

Another interesting thing about Usui Pass section itself is the fact that half of original railbed from the period when it was still using Abt rack rails was reused for construction of Nagano-bound track during the upgrading work of Usui Pass section in early 1960s (as JNR decided to convert this section into adhesion-based system with double track and electrified using overhead line at 1.5kV DC, compared to the original rack rail ones that electrified using 3rd rail at 600V DC).

Speaking about EF63 a.k.a "The Sherpa of Usui Pass", this locomotive featured a slightly different blower sound than most of ordinary 1.5kV locomotives of the then JNR, as shown in this video:

Happy New Year gang!! Looks like there'll be projects galore this year. Hey the JR Kyushu stuff gets my vote!! would like to see the 833 Sonic Wonderland Express included if possible.
Pagroove: That is one huge map!! I take it you're extending the S.I.R.L form the north or the west?

I personally think that the Odakyu Odawara Line was a great choice, as it allows a rather diverse fleet of rolling stock and services to be operated on just one single route, wich isn't a trascurable thing in simulators. Routes like the Yamanote Line might be iconic and interesting, but you don't have any variety of rolling stock or services (all trains stop at all stations), wich in the long run, might even make the route itself boring. Furthemore, for urban routes such as the Yamanote Line, the surroundings remains exactly the same: urban landscape.

The Odawara Line (as depicted in the game) instead starts at Shinjuku, in the busy city center, cuts trough endless suburbs and then trough the countryside of Kanagawa prefecture, and finally terminates at Hakone-Yumoto station, inbetween mountains.

I apologize for replying late to this, but that's some really interesting facts I've heard and thank you! I do like the diversity of the electric multiple units despite of having only two different sets for the player and one (30000 EXE) for AI only.

Well, Its been a while since I've touched my route and made some progress. But Since I got an Hour of freetime I managed to get some work done with scenery with my Route
Heres an Aerial View of Shin-Genjo. I've Added some more buildings here.
50796894177_30fdcda851_b.jpg

Heres some more Traffic Action here at Genjo. Heres a 100 Series Operating Hikari 296. From Yamate. 5 Minutes Later a 500 Series Came operating Nozomi 297. It also came from Yamate.
;)
50796777071_cc80e85d5f_b.jpg

Man, After a long train trip. I'm finally back home at Kumataka. Now I have to wait on the commuter bus to take me home.
50796028073_9b61fd8618_b.jpg

Yeah, Thats all I have to conclude for my shots today. Maybe later through the week i'll add some more.

Also about your 100, will there be a Short-Windowed version of the 100? Cause I plan on Reskinning it to the 200 H Sets.
Heres a picture of formation X1 (I think thats the formation). (Image from Wikipedia)
1024px-100_X1_Hamamatsu_19981020.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good there @ricardolucasandoval

Anyways now
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Toshin at midday. Not really busy during this time. When it's peek hour, extra trains are used on the Toshin Circle line

Here are some more shots of my route. At Night. I added more buildings in Genjo in the Yagami ward. Added Tokyo Tower. (Genjo Skyline. :cool:)
"The beauty of driving at night"
50800053618_24548c0e46_c.jpg

50800912812_840a769e2b_c.jpg

Maybe I should give a rests to Flight Simulators so I can focus on development. :hehe:

Last edited:
Here are some more shots of my route. At Night. I added more buildings in Genjo in the Yagami ward. Added Tokyo Tower. (Genjo Skyline. :cool:)
"The beauty of driving at night"

Maybe I should give a rests to Flight Simulators so I can focus on development. :hehe:

Nice progress on your route. I have aso multiple sims. Flightsim2020 is really beautiful but that is another topic. :D

Also about your 100, will there be a Short-Windowed version of the 100? Cause I plan on Reskinning it to the 200 H Sets.

Got that already covered. Remember what i said on the 25th?

But it's not finished here! There's still an extra variant of the 100 Series coming soon!

The "extra variant" coming is indeed the H-formation trains of the 200 Series for Tohoku Shinkansen Yamabiko Services.

Here's one cab car already almost complete. This isn't a simple reskin, as it includes also the smaller windows and the longer underskirt. I hope i'll be able to finish these by the end of the month (real-life interferences permitting).

200k.png

For freight fans instead, here's something that i'm making in collaboration with TreinspotterJeffrey: the DE10 diesel locomotive (with further possibilities including the heavier DE11 and the shorter DD16, plus their snow-plough-hauling, third-sector and industrial railways variants). The base model is about complete, now i need to get working on the side grills and ventilation ports.

DE1.png

Got that already covered. Remember what i said on the 25th?

The "extra variant" coming is indeed the H-formation trains of the 200 Series for Tohoku Shinkansen Yamabiko Services.

Here's one cab car already almost complete. This isn't a simple reskin, as it includes also the smaller windows and the longer underskirt. I hope i'll be able to finish these by the end of the month (real-life interferences permitting).

For freight fans instead, here's something that i'm making in collaboration with TreinspotterJeffrey: the DE10 diesel locomotive (with further possibilities including the heavier DE11 and the shorter DD16, plus their snow-plough-hauling, third-sector and industrial railways variants). The base model is about complete, now i need to get working on the side grills and ventilation ports.

Ah Alright. Also very good DE10 y'all have there.

Also there might more shots of my route coming very soon today. :)

Last edited:
Those are awesome!

For the 200 Series, will the 0 Series nose versions be included?

Unfortunately no. The 200 Series E, F (some), G and K formations won't be included as they're radically different from the H formations, and would require entirely different models. I'd really like to have those in-game as well, as they're actually my favourite Shinkansen trains, but as of now they're far beyond my capabilities.

TrainMaster, If you go back to the previous pages of the forums. You can see one of his reskins. Its a 0 Series reskinned into a 200. I dont remember what page. Maybe its in pages 280 or 70s.

Unfortunately no. The 200 Series E, F (some), G and K formations won't be included as they're radically different from the H formations, and would require entirely different models. I'd really like to have those in-game as well, as they're actually my favourite Shinkansen trains, but as of now they're far beyond my capabilities.

That's fine! I'm just starting to love the 100 series more than I did before. Thank you!

(snipped for convenience)

Very good :D and it could be used for recreating anything: from a simple short-distance freight to classic passenger trains, even it is suitable for recreating DL Taiju of Tobu Kinugawa Line (which is essentially a diesel-hauled version of SL Taiju operated during periods when the steamers were needing heavy maintenance). :hehe:

Found a good Youtube Channel. JP Rail. With good actual news on Japanese rail. Wil share 2 video's here. Please give this nice channel a subscribe if you like the content:

Rail news Japan 2021:

Back