Japan

Service announcement:

As Rizky didn't provide the engine spec for his E7-Shinkansen I have decided to upload that also to the DLS. The train itself is available here: https://jpidrailcontent.web.fc2.com/trainz.html
Thet E7 e-spec was made by me
<kuid: 338927: 100028> (Rizky was allowed to provide it with the train). Will be available within 24 hours on the DLS and limits the max speed of the E7 to 260 km/h (service limit).

27022896847_6cb386ea7a.jpg
[/URL]

Schermafbeelding 2018-05-04 om 20.44.56
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
New reskins, based on Rizky's Tokyu 5000 series:

- Tokyu 5000 series, Denentoshi Line

tkk5000t.JPG

The Tokyu 5000 series was first introduced in 2002 on the Denentoshi line (light green), to supplement and partially replace the 8000 and 8500 series trains.
They were based on JR East's 209 and E231 series designs, wich were manufactured at Tokyu's own factory, Tokyu Car Corp. (now J-TREC).

Initially formed in 10-car sets with only 4-door cars, between 2005 and 2007, two middle cars of each set were replaced by 6-door cars, and starting from 2015 the 6-door cars are being, again, replaced by newly-built 4-door cars.

They are based at Nagatsuta Depot.

Trivia:

The 4-door cars displaced by 6-door cars in 2005/2007 were reformed into four 8-car sets (5118, 5119, 5121 and 5122) for the Toyoko line, along new cab and motor cars.

Tokyu 5050 series - Toyoko Line (refurbishment of existing skin)

238423603_624.v1493532075.jpg

The 5050 series was introduced on the Toyoko line in 2004, to replace the 8000 series, supplement the 2000 and 9000 series and to increase capacity, due to the start of inter-running services on the newly-opened Minatomirai line.

They are formed in 8-car sets, based at Motosumiyoshi Depot.

The 5050-4000 (original model by rizky) was introduced in 2011 ahead of the start of trough-running services onto the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line.

Trivia

On 16 March 2013, the 1.4-kilometer section between Shibuya to Daikan-yama was replaced with an underground connection to the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line. The original ground-level terminal platforms were closed after the last service at 1 am that morning. Just four hours later, at 5 am, trains began calling at a new set of underground platforms adjacent to those previously served only by the Fukutoshin Line. During this time, 1,200 workers shifted the track alignment at Daikan-yama Station along a pre-built incline, a notable engineering feat.

Tokyu 5080 series - Meguro Line

Tokyu-5080-2.jpg

The 5080 series was introduced on the Meguro Line in 2003, to increase capacity on the line, following the start of inter running services with the Saitama Rapid Railway line (via the Tokyo Metro Namboku Line) and the newly-extended Toei Mita Line.

They are formed in 6-car sets based at Motosumiyoshi Depot (shared with the Toyoko Line).

Trivia:

5080 series trains are used on rare periodical special rapid services called "Minato Mirai" (along with Toei Mita 6300 series and Saitama Rapid Railway 2000 series trains), from Urawa-Misono on the Saitama Rapid Railway line or Nishi-Takashimadaira on the Toei Mita line, via the Tokyu Toyoko Line and the Minatomirai line, terminating at Motomachi-Chukagai.

Yokohama Minatomirai Railway Y500 series

226210697_624.jpg

The Y500 series was introduced in 2004, with the opening of the Yokohama Minatomirai line, and it's identical to Tokyu's 5000 series.

They are operated in six 8-car sets, based and maintained at Tokyu's Motosumiyoshi Depot on the Toyoko Line.

They actually were the first of the "5000 series family" to run on the Toyoko Line, as Tokyu's proper 5050 series was introduced only a couple of months after.

Trivia:

The company that own the Minatomirai line, the "Yokohama Minatomirai Railway Company" has no personnel of it's own.
Station staffing, maintainance, drivers and conductors are all contracted out to Tokyu Railway.
This is because it's more of a "collaboration marker" between Yokohama City and Tokyu Railway, rather than an actual railway company.
The Yokohama Minatomirai Railway company also owns the Kodomonokuni line, a small 3.4 Km branch of the Denentoshi line (again with all the staffing done by Tokyu).

Tokyu 5000 series - set 5122 "Green Frog" revival color.

o0640042614021045856.jpg

In September 2017, 5000 series set 5122 (one of those made up of former Denentoshi line cars in 2009) was repainted into an all-over green livery with "T.K.K." logos on the sides (similar to the original 5000 series), to mark the 90th anniversary of the opening of the Toyoko Line. It's scheduled to carry this liviery until August of this year.

The orginal 5000 series was made by Keimei a while ago and it's avaible on the DLS.

Trivia:

"T.K.K." stands for "Tokyo Kyuko Dentetsu Kabushiki Gaisha", the full name of Tokyu Railway.

Download

The .RAR file contains a .CDP for each individual trainset plus one with ready-to-run consists.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LKn42DM6MrHgVAjVbopJnKTS-8GScoV5

Last edited:
Wow thank you for the reskins :). There are so many trainsets now. I haven't yet built all consists provided by Rizky. That is a mammoth task alone (not complaining ;) though). Edited to add and I thoroughly enjoy the Trivia provided by you.

In continuation of my Engine Sounds I made a Enginesound for E231-500/900 (Chuo Line and Yamanote Line) and uploaded it to the DLS. This on is without announcements. I want to make announcement and supplement sounds in the future to be activated as bell sound or trackside trigger.

For use with the diverse E231-500's and 900's both freeware and payware.

41868607722_2853f73cee_o.png
[/URL]

Schermafbeelding 2018-05-05 om 20.57.54
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

The last 2 days I began on the Electro Island Tane Conversion. I spent 2 days reworking the Toshin Circle Line which now looks fantastic. I plan to bring Electro Island to TANE this summer.

Hello there, I really enjoyed the electro island route. Sorry I had to redownload it due to the system recovery, and viruses from the Windows 10. I'm looking forward to the next content. :D

Sounds like one heck of a project ahead for you pagroov!! Would it be possible to merge that route and the Ikarus Shinkansen route together in TANE?

Hello there, I really enjoyed the electro island route. Sorry I had to redownload it due to the system recovery, and viruses from the Windows 10. I'm looking forward to the next content. :D

Glad you enjoyed it. That's what I released the route for. TANE version is still in the making.

Sounds like one heck of a project ahead for you pagroov!! Would it be possible to merge that route and the Ikarus Shinkansen route together in TANE?

Yes merging in the future is the aim.

BTW where is everyone from the Japan forum? It suddenly is very silent again.:wave:.

I wonder if Japan had a 2Ft. gauge railroad?

Yes, they still do.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tateyama_Sabō_Erosion_Control_Works_Service_Train

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_ft_and_600_mm_gauge_railways

I wonder how to take a snapshot on Ts12?

- Take a screenshot (press the button "Print screen")

- Open MS Paint

- Paste the image.

Sometimes the screenshot gets automatically saved into the Train Simulator\UserData\screenshots folder.
There you go.

Last edited:
Nice vid pagroov!! Least I know now that TANE is backwards compatable to some degree. Summer is pretty much around the corner. Gonna be hard to stay indoors unless it rains.

just found this on the DLS:

<kuid:413346:100062>

It's a route, named "Tokyo - Hakone".

Apparently it's an incomplete scenery-less but accurate geographical rendition of the Odakyu Odawara Line from Odakyu Shinjuku to what appears to be Gotokuji station (abouth 8.5 Km).

Does someone have more info about it?

Small progress toward train-making: my first built-from-zero veichle "running" on trainz tracks!

Nagoya Municipal Subway 3000 series - Tsurumai Line (1972).

trequarti.jpg

It is as simple and generic as it gets: 20m long stainless-steel body, boxy appearance, four-doors...

... altough the sober appearance hides the fact that these were as advanced as the ground-breaking Tokyo Subway 6000 series (introduced just one year prior), using advanced armature chopper control and ATC cab-signalling.

As of today they are still in service on their proper Tsurumai Subway line plus two Meitetsu lines (Inuyama and Toyota) on inter-running services.

3000 series, on the incline towards the Tsurumai Subway Line just after Kami-Otai station on the Meitetsu Inuyama Line (1993).

nsi3000-13h-unehata.jpg

Now something about the model:

As with any beginner, the model has some issues, namely:

- The windows are not transparent (besides two passenger door and a cab door window on the left side), a problem that i've already figured out how to fix.

- The front bogey is shightly far foward, the rear one is just a little bit to the rear. It depends on the attachment points so l'll try to fix them as well.

latoerrori.jpg

Instead, the stuff of what i'm proud are:

- It's correctly proportioned in relation to other vehicles that have a similar height in reality.

- There is no distance between the car body and the bogey (a common mistake i've made in several other tests).

- Photorealistic textures.

latofirerzze.jpg

As you can see it still incomplete, as it's missing the wole underframe equipment boxes, couplers, gangways, interiors and most of the roof equipment, but nonetheless it think it's a good start.

Last edited:
Back