Japan

New reskin today:

The Minobu Line 115 series

They were in service on the Minobu Line between 1981 (replaced old JGR 68 series) and mid 2000s (replaced by JR Central 313 series).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hen07214e82m5ym/Minobu+Line+115+series.cdp

Included is also the Kumoyuni 143 series Self-Propelled Mail/Baggage car.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hyps31r9s2mkucr/Minobu+Line+Kumoyuni+143+(reskin).cdp

It's just a very small modification of Keimei's old Kumoyuni 143 with a more uniform paint to match the 115 series.

Example of formation:

Very good. I like the more uniform paint.
Maybe you could give the the 0 Shinkansen the same repaint method?

This is today's reskin.

JNR_415-0-FM9-Kagoshima_Main_Line-Dazaifu-20090904-161546.jpg

The 415 series is a dual-voltage (20Kv AC/1500v DC) EMU based on the 113 series. It was built in 1971 to be used on the Kagoshima Main Line in Kyushu (Electrified in 20Kv AC), and later built also for services past Toride on the Joban line (Also 20Kv AC). It's operated in either 3, 4 or 7 car sets.

They were introduced with a Brick-Red liviery, but in 1986 they were recoloured in their distinctive white with a blue line.

The 415 series continues operation, as of today, mostly on the JR Kyushu Kagoshima Main Line (Picture above) and the Chikucho Line local services.
JR East retired their 415s form the Joban and Mito lines in 2007 (replaced by the E531 series). Two former Joban Line 4-car sets were sold by JR East to JR Kyushu in 2009.

DOWNLOAD
Link removed due to kuid number conflict with newer releases.
Newer versions avaible on my website in the JR East and JR Kyushu pages.

Next reskin, as requested by pagroove will be the 0 Series Shinkansen, with uniform blue/white textures plus the Tohoku Shinkansen Green 200 series

Last edited:
Here is the re-colouring of the Tokaido Shinkansen 0 series.

DOWNLOAD

Now, here is the new reskin of Today:

200.jpg

The Tohoku Shinaknsen 200 series.

It was introduced in 1982, with the opening of the Tohoku and Joetsu Shinkansen, the first Shinkansen Lines eastward from Tokyo.
The first batches were based on the 0 series, but later ones were more similar to the 100 series, with the exception of green paint in place of blue.

While very similar in appearance to the 0 and 100 series, they were more powerful and lighter, sinche the two lines they were operated on are mountain routes with steep gradients.

They were refurbrished in the mid-2000s, with the unrefurbrished units being taken out of service in 2007 and the refurbrished units were retired in 2013, replaced by the E5 series on the Tohoku shinkanen and by the E2 and E4 series on the Joetsu shinkansen line.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Folks,
A quick question if I may...

I've just been getting into the Japanese railway side of things and have been playing around with a simple goods yard to kick things off.
The goods/freight wagons I've found on the DLS are awesome (big thanks to the creators!) but I haven't found a 4-wheeler open wagon - I believe they may be called a 'TORA' class wagon. I've seen photos of the real thing as a normal open wagon and I think I've seen what looks like one with a mesh-frame on top for loading wood-chips.

Am I missing something or have I got the name wrong (or is there no such wagon available at this point in time)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Hi Dreadnought1
I probably have every Japanese freight car made for trainz - but there is not a TORA class. However, if you are up to a bit of reskinning try these they are on the DLS:
<kuid2:174088:16009:1> BR OBA Railfreight brown extended ends
<kuid:174088:16010> BR OBA plasmor extended ends
Not exactly like the TORA but would probably look ok after a reskin and maybe the right bogeys.

When you're driving Hankyu and the eurobeat kicks in...

Initial_Trainz.jpg

Hankyu 2300 series (reskinned to a 2000 series) by Keimei, tracks & catenary by Hirochi

how about some thing of the right gauge at least till something could be made, I'm guessing its a 3'6" route not std
Look up QR / TGR / SAR/ NZR, all the same gauge, there might be a good look a like in that group.

hope this kind of helps
Tom

how about some thing of the right gauge at least till something could be made, I'm guessing its a 3'6" route not std
Look up QR / TGR / SAR/ NZR, all the same gauge, there might be a good look a like in that group.

hope this kind of helps
Tom

RE: Dreadnought1 - TORA
I swapped in a 3.6 gauge bogey from another Japanese freight car looks ok.
Also I did see a screenshot of a TORA wagon on and old Japan forum post probably back made for and in TS06 - but cannot locate in anywhere.
Looked through VR, NSW & Qld rolling stock but nothing looks close to a TORA.

does anyone know where i can get a keikyu 2100 series because im staging densha de d burning stage in trainz i got the hankyu from the DLS but i am looking for a 2100 series to race against

RE: Dreadnought1 - TORA
I swapped in a 3.6 gauge bogey from another Japanese freight car looks ok.
Also I did see a screenshot of a TORA wagon on and old Japan forum post probably back made for and in TS06 - but cannot locate in anywhere.
Looked through VR, NSW & Qld rolling stock but nothing looks close to a TORA.

Many thanks for the replies!
I'll have to give it a try.

Cheers!

does anyone know where i can get a keikyu 2100 series because im staging densha de d burning stage in trainz i got the hankyu from the DLS but i am looking for a 2100 series to race against

There is no 2100 series neither Keikyu railway stuff at all.

Japanese rolling stock on the DLS almost exclusively from JR East (hardly even JR West).
Private railway companies rolling stock was made by Keimei, but mostly a few Kansai area trains such as Hankyu 2300 and 2800, Keihan 8800, 9000 and 1000 and few Keihan stuff (Otsu Line 800 series).

The 2100 is something that i would love to see in trainz, just only to play with their "singing inverters"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Aw_r4ZOZc&t=37s

But do not worry. In the meantime you can race angist also a Shikoku 2000 series (somewhere in the climax stage, by Hirochi), Keihan 800 series (third episode of burning stage, by Keimei), also if you're willing to spend something, you can repaint Jtrainz Keihan 8000 series (http://jtrainzstore.com/en/home/21-keihan-8000.html) into the two-tone green racer EMU of the Keihan sisters.

kh8000%201.png

Back