Japan

3 new from me. Slow but steady progress on the Icarus Shinkansen V2 Route.

E5 overtaking Tohoku Liveried Shinkansen - 0 (closest we can get to a 200 series at the moment)

Icsept1.png

Asadaka lines and Icarus Shinkansen just North of Asadaka Central looking North

Icsept2.png

At the Asadaka Steam club private Turntable looking South

Icsept3.png

Shame we don't have any singing VVVF sounds....

I can try, but it will need a bit of work...

Btw, nice start.

Then as announced, here is the new enginesound.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t4dkyp93h4rz3td/TRTA+Armature+Chopper.cdp

The Armature Chopper for Tokyo Metro trains.

It works in the same identical way as the one i've made for the 201 series

Enginesound_usage_instructions_6000_series.jpg

It can be used on Eidan Subway trains from 1971-1988 such as the Chiyoda Line 6000 series, Yurachuko Line 7000 series and Hanzonmon Line 8000 series, and also on major private companies' trains from the same period (Tobu Railway 9000 series uses a nearly identical chopper).

Next up will be the GTO chopper for Eidan/Tokyo Metro trains, plus an attempt on the Siemens GTO-VVVF inverter.

Last edited:
First picture the legendary Steam Shovel easter egg :hehe: Second Picture a currently unnamed coal mine... Third Picture my best flyover design yet :D still so much work to be done on this route....

JP_easter_egg_1.png

[

I know my screenshots are not amazing like everyone else's, but I would like to make my first contribution to this thread.

The route you see is still very much a WIP, sorry for the grid showing.......

5120a9cbc2fff50f19591a33cab7052f.jpg

P.S. Just curious, does anyone know of any good quality speed trees to use that would be appropriate for this region? I'm struggling to find ones that look right...

Last edited:
I know my screenshots are not amazing like everyone else's, but I would like to make my first contribution to this thread.

The route you see is still very much a WIP, sorry for the grid showing.......

P.S. Just curious, does anyone know of any good quality speed trees to use that would be appropriate for this region? I'm struggling to find ones that look right...

Nice enviroment TrainzPlayer14.

For the Japanese looking route, I think you should add some JPN houses also the ricefield.
I rarely using speedtree in my route, most trees in my route using 2D trees. Too much speedtrees make my pc slowly :-( .
I placing a speedtree only on near track area. Try find tree cherry or Japanese maple, i think any tree does not matter.

Hi guys.

Well after 10 years of service my old PC kicked the bucket. Good news is that I had my Trainz installed in a mobile hard drive so once i get the new pc, I can just plug it in and get back to work. No doubt I'll have to find a stronger faster PC to complete my work. In the meantime, It looks like you guys are pretty active here so I have no worries of this thread shutting down before I'm back on track so to speak.
Well take care everyone.

Hi guys.

Well after 10 years of service my old PC kicked the bucket. Good news is that I had my Trainz installed in a mobile hard drive so once i get the new pc, I can just plug it in and get back to work. No doubt I'll have to find a stronger faster PC to complete my work. In the meantime, It looks like you guys are pretty active here so I have no worries of this thread shutting down before I'm back on track so to speak.
Well take care everyone.

Oops :confused:. That does not sound good. Luckily you had backups. Otherwise I still have a version of your route too. So even in that case not everything was lost. On the bright side you can now build a strong new PC. Make sure you get one of the newer GPU's like a GTX1070 or 1080 and you be back in business in no time with Tane. :) Good luck with building the new PC.:)

Hello guys, I have finished the JR E231-500 Series reskin I have been working on! I plan on doing the 50th anniversary paint scheme some time soon, I hope you enjoy.
Thanks Rizky for the pantograph!
def9a6e9b0724a02d12678ec60b92d91.png
5b4da03a1fb660fb785f153d1a3e7609.png
cb7fbd741bdd16e7acd2be7ac26fa860.png

Back