Japan

I've always liked the JNR diesel railcars, could you make the Kiha 07? It looks like the Kiha 04, except it has rounded off ends.

kiha07

:confused:Because of the problem of DLS(Upload sequence), some of my assets cannot be downloaded and not able to register new assets. The DLS promlem sometimes occurs. It takes a while to be normal.

:)Hi, all. Here is kiha07 under development. She has unique style, born in the era of 'stream-line'. Thank you.

k07-F01.jpg

I had downloaded your Kiha railcars and the orange and cream kiha 04 had triangles of dark grey on it.

I love the Kiha07. I might have to buy TRS09 after all.
I think I had a picture of this type as my desktop before my last disk wipe and rebuild.

:cool:Claude

I started a thread for everyone to post their Japanese projects on a year ago. After an excessive vacation, I'm back with a few uploads. Would you care to come visit me in the Freeware section and see what I did this time?

Is anyone out there still making (new) Japanese buildings?

I'd particularly like one of those old style Japanese castles and components for a Japanese Gardern or park.

Last edited:
I was looking forward to making that one. やれやれ。

And if you need help, let me know.

It is nice to see a C62. It reminds me that I really need to get back on my D51 (I started it, went on vacation, and haven't gotten back into 3d modeling since returning - I've been distracted by Warhammer 40k).

Cheers,
Ben

I would love to see your D51! You should resume your work on it, I'm sure it will turn out great!

The detailing looks very real. This locomotive will definitely be worth the wait.
I enjoy seeing these pictures.

Tourou

Hi, all. I've just made some Tourou tower (灯篭), which may be placed in Japanese garden, temple or shrine. If you like them, happy to make some more. Thank you.

tourou_f01.jpg

tourou_f02.jpg

at night. (Miko-san is product of Tokkyu40-san)

Hi, all. I've just made some Tourou tower (灯篭), which may be placed in Japanese garden, temple or shrine. If you like them, happy to make some more. Thank you.
Thank you keimei-san, this is exactly what I need.
:udrool: :wave:
I need these things for a Japantown in my project (as it is totally fictional, and has a broadly European theme it obviously cannot be in Japan), which by that fact and the reality that it needs an overhaul, means that ANY Japanese building or decoration could probably find a place in the project.

So by all means please feel free to make (TRS2006) models of any buildings or decorations you find convenient. I am looking particularly for:
  1. You guys have these really cool old castles in Japan. If feasable, could you make a Japanese style castle? It wouldn't need much detail since I wouldn't place it beside the railway.
  2. Modern Japanese shops - there are very few of these on DLS and so my Japantown (aside from being the terminus of the Halsiburg Metro) is mostly residential. A Japanese school could also be well placed.
  3. Torii structures. MGreen48 has two posted on DLS, but they show up as faulty on TRS2006 and presumably later, which would complicate the eventual distribution. MGreen48 is no longer active on Trainz which makes these issues legally impossible to correct.
  4. Other components of Japanese gardens and temples/shrines. (I didn't even know about the Tourou towers, for example)
    :eek:

Torii

Hi all. Here is TORII gate. The castle (Osaka-jo) is just a backdrop:cool:. Castles are too complex to model as 3D. These assets will go to DLS within a week or so.

tourou01.jpg

That's all at this time. I have no plan to make shrine or temple itself. It's your turn > All.

that's great, I can definately work with these :)

your Torii is even better than Mgreen48s!

Edit: I looked up your name under CMP/Download Station and found you have a nice group of Japanese buildings and signs etc there :) but I couldn't download any of them because they showed up red in Download Helper and they didn't download because the program "couldn't find a download URL" or something. Any ideas what's gone wrong there?

Last edited:
Hi all. Here is TORII gate. The castle (Osaka-jo) is just a backdrop:cool:... I have no plan to make shrine or temple itself. It's your turn > All.
I did have some plans to make a shrine for a project. Is taisha-zukuri okay, or do you have a preference for the architecture?

Tokkyu40-san;
Good news. "Taisha" sounds good. Please go ahead at don don.

SeanW-san;
I have no idea about Download Helper(have not used that). Please use Content Manager 2 (TS2009).

download helper is a side panel in Content Manager Plus, Trainz 2006's equivalent of CM2 in TRS 2009.

Might try the web interface.

Back