Signalling - What am I doing wrong?

*Snip!*

Actually, forget about that.
I just went back to the game there and loaded up the big demonstration in Surveyor mode.
They have a "run around train" part in that.
So I basically carbon-copied the signal work from that to my own route.
Went back to mine in driver, and it worked perfectly.

SUCCESS!!!

I'm so happy :)

"Uncouple" is still missing though, that's still a concern.
But every silver lining seems to have it's cloud ;)

Last edited:
WHERE ON EARTH IS THE "DECOUPLE" COMMAND?

It's still missing!
I have no option in my game to "decouple" which, in my opinion, is a massive part of work on the railways.

When I go to "Surveyor" > "Surveyor Options" > "Driver Commands" > "Edit", the command IS there.
Yet when I go to set up driver instructions, I have NO "decouple" command; I can't select it, and my game is currently being ruined by this bizarre omission.

I even downloaded a "decouple" command from the DLS there, as you can see in this image it HAS been installed:

Yet, again, when I go back to surveyor, I STILL CAN'T select it???

This really is doing my head in. :(

Where is it?
TRS2004 + no decouple command = pointless.

From
Surveyor > Edit Session Rules > Driver Commands > Add
find the 'Uncouple' you want to add to the session and click (double click?) to add it to the session. Pretty sure there is a confirmation prompt....

.........(I just plop them down where I think they look nicest) :hehe:
It amuses me that "plop" has become the official term for placement of signals in Trainz. I can imagine a forum discussion;
" I have placed signals in my route but they don't work. Help!"
" You have to plop them, not place them."
" Problem fixed, thanks a bunch;) "
Mick Berg.

The uncouple command is not available in surveyor, only during a driver session. It needs to know which vehicles exist in the consist at the time of uncoupling, what it doesn't in advance in surveyor. Try using the uncouplez command instead, which allows to specify the position of uncoupling.

Peter

The uncouple command is not available in surveyor, only during a driver session. It needs to know which vehicles exist in the consist at the time of uncoupling, what it doesn't in advance in surveyor. Try using the uncouplez command instead, which allows to specify the position of uncoupling.

Peter

I'll check that out.

Back