Passing on single track

bcesarec

I encountered an interesting situation.
I have 3 stations connected with single track and every station has a passing loop. The distanced between them are different and I can't rely on scheduled time.
Station A Station B Station C
[=====]---------[=====]--------------[======]
Every station entry and exit is controlled by EIT (enhanced intrelocking tower by pguy). Also every single track section is controlled by sperate EIT. It works flawlessly with just 2 trains and they pass each other.

Here are EIT paths:
Station A: entry to 1, entry to 2, exit from 1, exit from 2
AB section: AB path, BA path
Station B facing A: entry to 1, entry to 2, exit from 1, exit from 2
Station B facing B: entry to 1, entry to 2, exit from 1, exit from 2
BC section: BC path, CB path
Station C: entry to 1, entry to 2, exit from 1, exit from 2

If I want to add 3rd train, how would I prevent a deadlock in which train would leave Station A, while 2 trains are stopped at station B?

My Idea is to do the stuff with two EIT, every for on single line.
Then the paths (eignt in summary) from exit signal A to exit Signal B to C and vice versa.
Same from C to B at the second EIT. May be it runs with only one, but have no idea about distance restrictions for EITs

It may be worth checking Track Circuit Insulators and Detectors.
I already did and it worked with 2 trains, but once I added 3rd and after some time I got deadlock situation.
I used TCBs for every platform (2 tracks per station) and for every single track section between. EITs were set as described in first post.

My Idea is to do the stuff with two EIT, every for on single line.
Then the paths (eignt in summary) from exit signal A to exit Signal B to C and vice versa.
Same from C to B at the second EIT. May be it runs with only one, but have no idea about distance restrictions for EITs
Thank you very much.
Great idea. I work on a quit long branch (~ 100 km) and I need to split it because otherwise the capacity would be too low. So I will be adding stations every 20 or so kilometers. I'll try it using one tower per section between two stations and TCBs for every platform (2 tracks on station).

Use an exclusive name on the station track. In the track objects look for asset C+Note or download it. Place it on the station track and name it "AT1", or "AT2". A = station and 1,2 = the track selection (it has no function except to inform you of the name you used). Extend the path through the station in both directions. Open the paths in your EIT and add to the exclusive set found just below the TCB selection. Only one tower can gain control of the single track if there is a space in the station.

Thank you very much.
Great idea. I work on a quit long branch (~ 100 km) and I need to split it because otherwise the capacity would be too low. So I will be adding stations every 20 or so kilometers. I'll try it using one tower per section between two stations and TCBs for every platform (2 tracks on station).
I did it. So far so good...
I hope it'll work now and scale as expected.
Use an exclusive name on the station track. In the track objects look for asset C+Note or download it. Place it on the station track and name it "AT1", or "AT2". A = station and 1,2 = the track selection (it has no function except to inform you of the name you used). Extend the path through the station in both directions. Open the paths in your EIT and add to the exclusive set found just below the TCB selection. Only one tower can gain control of the single track if there is a space in the station.
Could you explain in more details?

EIT towers can not see what another EIT tower is doing. If two towers share the same track you need to use the exclusive sets membership. That way one tower knows that another tower has control. https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Enhanced_Interlocking_Tower

• Exclusive sets membership :
exclusive sets membership is an option that has been designed to help protect a crossing of tracks without the need to add some invisible junctions using these junctions as external object reference. When you add an exclusive set name in this field, the path will only be activated if no other paths in any tower with also the same exclusive set name is active. Paths sharing the same exclusive set name cannot be simultaneously active and this works inside the same tower as inside any tower on your route. To protect a crossing of track, you need only to give a unique name to this crossing of track and reference this name as an exclusive set name in all your paths using this crossing of tracks. It is much more easy to use than using invisible junctions with external references in paths.You can enter in this field either only one name or several names separated by a comma. Exclusive set name A will be displayed in the field as A. Exclusive set names A , B will be displayed as an exclusive set names list [A,B]. What is important is that you can enter either one name or several names separated by commas. When several names have been listed, the path belongs to all the exclusive set names and will check that no paths active are referencing any of these names before activating the path. This feature is very usefull to protect crossing tracks, and also slips and double-slips.

EIT towers can not see what another EIT tower is doing. If two towers share the same track you need to use the exclusive sets membership. That way one tower knows that another tower has control. https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Enhanced_Interlocking_Tower

• Exclusive sets membership :
exclusive sets membership is an option that has been designed to help protect a crossing of tracks without the need to add some invisible junctions using these junctions as external object reference. When you add an exclusive set name in this field, the path will only be activated if no other paths in any tower with also the same exclusive set name is active. Paths sharing the same exclusive set name cannot be simultaneously active and this works inside the same tower as inside any tower on your route. To protect a crossing of track, you need only to give a unique name to this crossing of track and reference this name as an exclusive set name in all your paths using this crossing of tracks. It is much more easy to use than using invisible junctions with external references in paths.You can enter in this field either only one name or several names separated by a comma. Exclusive set name A will be displayed in the field as A. Exclusive set names A , B will be displayed as an exclusive set names list [A,B]. What is important is that you can enter either one name or several names separated by commas. When several names have been listed, the path belongs to all the exclusive set names and will check that no paths active are referencing any of these names before activating the path. This feature is very usefull to protect crossing tracks, and also slips and double-slips.
Thank you.

Back