Screenshots of European Trains

CJ187 fantastic screens, guess its TS19 ?

2018-10-23-194653.jpg

2018-10-23-194923.jpg

I have lots of cranes in my Tane and there's not even one that can take a curve like it supposed to be.

Is it really so difficult to make a crane with TWO pivot points?

2018-10-27 151434.jpg

Because this looks really silly.

☼...☼

Last edited:
Two points where the crane can rotate on the cars.
One for the crane itself and one on the car where the hooks are.
The hooks should stay at the same place on car and be able to rotate.

A pivot is a rotating point in 3D.

Maybe this sort of cranes must have two separate assets for the cars and one asset for the crane.
Then put the 3 items together to one good functioning crane.

Maybe the crane must be a bogey and set as a.bog2 in the middle of the car.
Then the crane will rotate in curves.

I have lots of cranes in my Tane and there's not even one that can take a curve like it supposed to be.

Is it really so difficult to make a crane with TWO pivot points?

http://www.battlechip.nl/trainz/2018-10-27 151434.jpg

Because this looks really silly.

☼...☼
Your curves are too tight, as a real crane or long load of telephone poles spanning 3 cars only pivots a foot or two ... some things just need to be overlooked, ignored, and taken with a grain of salt ... the Trainz crane never really knocks things over, as Trainz is just a cartoon ... It's not really real :hehe:

Last edited:
Of course the cranes itselfs do not bend.
Just like evey LONG freight they must have turning points on two different cars.
See assets like ocemy's D38 SCHNABEL set.

A crane like the one above cannot ride on tracks.
Only usefull as scenery object on a straight track.

In this video, (I can not find any real life videos) you can see how it should be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YURKUhuMbc

There are two yellow cranes, one big, one smaller.

If they do not rotate they will derail the whole train.

Look at the smaller one, the arm rests on a second car IN a frame.

If train is on a bend in the track and the crane will not turn it will tip over the car that holds the arm.

The Pictures here are so immersive, unreal on texture lighting, and Sunset effects.......You folks have mastered the Artistry too make it look so real life.......Definitely one Thread to study on how it's done right.

As per the huge Cranes, they can only ride on certain Radius Turn Tracks, if not, you lose your precious load, and probably the life of the Crew, if these things flipped off a Track or worse a Ravine, Physics would be the first order of Business, and Weight the Tracks are designed for.......Even in Regular Loads, Rails have Split, broken or have been pushed apart, allowing a train to go aground.......Sun Kinks is another major issue from over warming Track Rails under Tension, due to 1/4 mile or longer welding lengths........

That is precisely why you rarely see big ticket items like this running down the Rail.....It is a major pain in the neck , expensive, but if it needs to be done, the Railroad is the one that can make it happen, or heavy duty truck movers as well, if they have the right elevation, clearance etc, and permission of the cities etc to move a wide/heavy load thru their area..........

You have to admire the people that can take a Tall order like this and carry it out to safe completion..........Watch on Youtube all the crazy Construction and Moving mishaps from people who actually do not get Weight and Physics with respect to the item and terrain they use to move things.....

Back