"If -- Then" actions

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Are there any "If -- Then --" rules for Trainz? For instance:

"IF Loco (whatever) is loading at (industry name) THEN Loco (whatever) remain at marker (number)."

This would be very handy if there is such an animal.

Thanks in advance

Hi Dave,

I aggree the if - then - else function would be great, but it does not exist in trianz. The best you can do is have train(whatever2) drive to a trackmark, stop, wait for triggerxx which you can place to be triggered when train(whatever1) has finished loading.

Cheers,
Bill69

^ Thank you for your reply. We can just look forward to the next release of TRAINZ and maybe there will be some kind of rule.

I'm sure one of the programming dudes here, that can write scripts easily, can come up with something like this. It could be a simple Icon that contains multiple operations under one click.

John

I'm sure one of the programming dudes here, that can write scripts easily, can come up with something like this. It could be a simple Icon that contains multiple operations under one click.

John

You would expect that there would have been one in a 7 year old game. Perhaps it is not that easy at all to write code for this request. It would however make life for session builders a lot easier.

If you use the SCS2006 rule from TrainzProRoutes, this does have the IF...THEN...Else function, and can do pretty much any choice action you wish.

Back