A Letter from FC2

freightcar2

Dear Trainzers,

I have noticed that you've been posting telling me to stop quoting images. You suggested to me that I should only quote the text or only quote the image - I did the latter and one of you asked me to stop. I think it might have been a better idea if you said please - that works for everyone.

"But make it noted that I don't let users bully me - I try to get my own back whenever possible" does NOT mean I'm giving users a threat - all it means is (as mentioned above) I ask them to ask me nicely about the problem.

Now If I have been annoying lately I'm very sorry, but these screenies bring a whole lot of new and interesting content - one does not know what to think. :hehe: I'm very, very sorry if I quoted images (and did other "wrong stuff") and promise that from now on, I'll remove the image and only quote the text.

In other words - can we forget this 'fight' and start everything all over?

Thank you,

Freightcar2

Last edited:
Dear Trainzers,

I have noticed that you've been posting telling me to stop quoting images. You suggested to me that I should only quote the text or only quote the image - I did the latter and one of you asked me to stop. I think it might have been a better idea if you said please - that works for everyone.

"But make it noted that I don't let users bully me - I try to get my own back whenever possible" does NOT mean I'm giving users a threat - all it means is (as mentioned above) I ask them to ask me nicely about the problem.

Now If I have been annoying lately I'm very sorry, but these screenies bring a whole lot of new and interesting content - one does not know what to think. :hehe: I'm very, very sorry if I quoted images (and did other "wrong stuff") and promise that from now on, I'll remove the image and only quote the text.

In other words - can we forget this 'fight' and start everything all over?

Thank you,

Freightcar2

IMNSHO, its their problem, not yours. Ignore them. As long as you are not in violation of the posting policy you have a right to post what interests you. I'm betting that there are probably several hundred other members who enjoy your content but are in the silent majority.

WYO
The short lived shortline.

Dear Trainzers,

Would I be correct in that I suspect that these members really asked you, not told you?

But when I post my own images/pictures, I always use "No quoting of images/pictures permitted" or similar wording. Quoting of images is not necessary, and is untidy, and requires more scrolling, and is unsuitable for slower computers and/or dial up. And before anyone suggests that it is necessary when on another page, just use the URL link instead. If you quoted all the pictures in a post with say 10 pictures, imagine how long the quote would be before you got to the point of the post.

Also when people quote text, don't quote the whole post, only quote the text relevant to your post.

EDIT-2: From what I see (unless I missed them), only one person may have asked you.

EDIT-3: I would like this to be one of the guidelines that quoting pictures/images/video links in the form of pictures is not allowed, and when it the thread is multiple pages, that only the URL link is given on the next page.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to be offensive or to make you feel bad...it's just that I personally don't like having to scroll immense amounts while reading what others have said and while I usually have a decent connection, there are a lot of people who don't so yeah...it's a waste of bandwidth that way. It's no big deal. We are just trying to help the forums stay easily accessible and enjoyable. Don't mind the really cranky ones...

I admire your energy, positivity and the constructive comments you have brought to the forums. Keep up the good work!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Would I be correct in that I suspect that these members really asked you, not told you?

But when I post my own images/pictures, I always use "No quoting of images/pictures permitted" or similar wording. Quoting of images is not necessary, and is untidy, and requires more scrolling, and is unsuitable for slower computers and/or dial up. And before anyone suggests that it is necessary when on another page, just use the URL link instead. If you quoted all the pictures in a post with say 10 pictures, imagine how long the quote would be before you got to the point of the post.

Also when people quote text, don't quote the whole post, only quote the text relevant to your post.

EDIT-2: From what I see (unless I missed them), only one person may have asked you.

EDIT-3: I would like this to be one of the guidelines that quoting pictures/images/video links in the form of pictures is not allowed, and when it the thread is multiple pages, that only the URL link is given on the next page.

First they asked me nicely. But when I quoted an image only someone just demanded me to stop.

Reply to Edit-2: I think you missed some. Look multiple times through the forums. Not all are in the "Screenshots" thread.

As much as I agree with posting an entire post full of images, I also disagree with the rule. Quite simply, it is necessary to quote images, if you are referring to the object in question, therefore, quoting a single image, would be preferable.

Another problem we may have, is that some are so young, they don't really know what all the funny bits do in the code. The hit the image button, when they want an image, the quote button when they want to quote a post, the link button when they want a link, etc. It comes down to the users experience of computers again.

Back