Where to post upload problems with CMP?

JimDep

What thread would be appropriate to get assistance with
a problem uploading using CMP?

thanks,
JD

OK, I'll try again on this thread.

I've been trying to upload 135 separate track sections to DLS using CMP.
After I get through the licensing and hit "upload", the upload
icon spins for over an hour and then I get a "must log in first" error (something like that).
I am logged in!

What could be going wrong? I'd like to make this track available to those interested.
Thanks,
JD

Are you trying to upload from CMP or the website? If it is the website, then it may be an issue for the helpdesk to fix.

I'm trying to upload from CMP. AFAIK, that's the only way to upload in bulk.
I'm not sure what mean when you say website. Is that the same as uploading
from the profile section of DLS?

It looks to me like you have to load the assets one-at-a-time from the profile section, and for 135 assets ....I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Thanks for the response:)
JD

Yes, I did mean uploading from the profile section of the DLS, and as far as I know, you only need to upload your own assets as all others should be on the DLS. Anyway, I thought the DLS collected information on the assets and uploaded things accordingly?

During the uploading process through CMP, you have an option of checking or unchecking a box for each of your assets that would allow a search for more associated assets. I unchecked all the boxes being that there are no other attachments.

What I don't understand is why I go through the whole process, get the upload icon moving....for over an hour....and then get a message that the upload failed because I haven't logged in. Every indication shows that I have logged in because all my profile info is showing and I couldn't have got that far if I wasn't.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

JD

Unfortunately, I have never uploaded content to the DLS, I have only read about how to do it, so I am afraid that I am out of ideas.

Sorry,

Back