Unable to upload screenshots to Gallery

No doubt some of us have been having problems with up-loading screenshots to the Forum since before Xmas 2024.
Now having tried various means (it's probably me) can any kind person suggest and indeed recommend an alternative to the up-loading of screenies to "Trainz Portal" (for which for me, no longer works).

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers, evilcrow

The image in the previous post was uploaded:
Posted by: edh6 | Posted:2024-04-20 14:22:53, last Saturday.
I tried to upload an image on Sunday through the web page, it was accepted but it never appeared and seeing that the same image is still there as recent activity, it seems that the image upload is not working.

I tried to upload an image on Sunday through the web page, it was accepted but it never appeared and seeing that the same image is still there as recent activity, it seems that the image upload is not working.

The same Problem by me too, and in the Moment i have no good Alternative to upload my Screenshots.

Greetings
Epo

No doubt some of us have been having problems with up-loading screenshots to the Forum since before Xmas 2024.
Now having tried various means (it's probably me) can any kind person suggest and indeed recommend an alternative to the up-loading of screenies to "Trainz Portal" (for which for me, no longer works).

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers, evilcrow
Hi Ken - imgur.com - free account and an interface not unlike the MyTrainz gallery....

and fwiw the gallery has been working fine for me until the last few days where images appear to upload normally, but never appear.....

I agree, @Frank_Dean. I tried a few days ago and it said “Image uploaded successfully. Please wait 10 minutes for it to appear.” No sign after 20. I guess the Gallery is completely down now? That would make sense if no shots have uploaded since 4/20.
Cheers

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers, evilcrow
I wish it would work again…

An additional clue: I happen to have chosen some Trainzers to "follow" before the Gallery deterioration began (the "follow" button no longer works). When I click the "Following" button I see entries (not necessarily images) of his last 10 posted items - including three after 4/20, when he was apparently trying to figure out what the dickens was going on. Those show an empty frame, but other information is as per normal. (I have also posted "successfully" since 4/20 but since I had not felt it necessary to "follow" myself, I can't see if those also come up as empty frames. I imagine they would).

My tentative conclusion is that when an image is uploaded since 4/20, the Gallery software creates a record for it, but fails to either index or store the image itself. The "Following" query still works (after a fashion) because it's a direct thread into the database without touching any of the broken indexes. Interestingly, the "by date" query still works normally, but will not display anything uploaded since 4/20. FWIW, the image store appears to contain approximately 419,226 displayable images (20962 pages@20 per page) but the highest record number is approximately 456,433 so there are quite a few broken/non-displayable records.

I'm hoping the apparent deterioration is a symptom of someone trying to untangle the Gallery software (a "repairs in progress" banner would be appreciated in that case). In the meantime, Imgur works:

VTQoj1L.jpg

Back