USA Pics

Can't anyone make a metrolink reskin of the F59PH loco and coaches?:(

I already did.....

Metrolink1.jpg

Isaac

Last edited:
Ugghh what a nasty day out today,but we have had a change of power.We now have a
rust bucket GP40 attached to some hoppers,approaching the mine to get loaded up.
fall31.jpg

Looking towards the mine,you can see the crane sticking through the fog still sitting waiting for a delivery of heavy equipment.
fall32.jpg

Now here we are crossing the crossing that the motorcade of miners heading to work always end up stuck at waiting for the first train of the day to leave
fall33.jpg

Passing by the old man's house once again.
fall34.jpg

The train approching the crossing near some of the miners houses,the area around here is filled with stuff hidden int he grass,like this rusy old crapy car for example.
fall35.jpg

The train crawls through the crossing as the small amount of traffic heading towards town builds up waiting for the train to clear...
fall36.jpg

The train now passes the good ole' box car hiddne behind the trees
fall37.jpg

Now we are coming up on the tight squeeze by the other few box cars,the new engineer has a hard time judging the spacing since he is running long hood forward.
fall38.jpg

Now the engineer slows the train way down to crawl across the old rickety bridge that should've been replaces many many moons ago
fall39.jpg

Rounding the bend near the junction to head out of the mine branch.
fall40.jpg

The train is now on in the junction and continues on its way.
fall41.jpg

Still continuing on,just taking in the wonderful views.
fall42.jpg

Still enjoying the beutiful view of these fall trees.
fall43.jpg

We round the bend and the outline of waht appears to be buildings come into view
fall44.jpg

The engineer lays on his horn and turns on the bell,as we pass one of the small towns ladder trucks
fall45.jpg

The train slowly crawls down the street bell ringing away,and the engineer blowing the horn at every road crossing as I jog along side.
fall46.jpg

Crawling down the very quiet street as this terrible rain keeps up,uggh I just hope this weather lets up.
fall47.jpg

Now we start seeing some sign of life in the town with cars parked on the road with the people hiding indoors to stay out of this awful rain.
fall48.jpg

Crawling across a road with the horn blowing,the local Arby's to the right is packed tot he gills with people,makes me want to stop in,maybe later.
fall49.jpg

Still moving our way through the street with more and more cars on the side of the road.
fall50.jpg

Going over yet another road,passing in front of some old abandoned buildings.
fall51.jpg

Still manuevering our way down this street,passing a Cheveron gas station.
fall52.jpg

We pass a small construction site,I can't beleive they are doing work in this kind of weather,but I guess the work needs to get done one way or another.
fall53.jpg

A little bit down the street from the construction,the train crawls through.
fall54.jpg

I run back to the construction site and find that the construction crew has forgotten the bucket for the machine,I'm sure they were pissed off for having to come out here for nothin.
fall55.jpg

Now we cross another crossing but now an phone or electric crew tends to the wires.
fall56.jpg

Now we are on the edge of town and passing the small trailer park before we head back out into thwe wilderness.
fall57.jpg

Going over yet another road,passing in front of some old abandoned buildings.

Still manuevering our way down this street,passing a Cheveron gas station.

We pass a small construction site,I can't beleive they are doing work in this kind of weather,but I guess the work needs to get done one way or another.

A little bit down the street from the construction,the train crawls through.

I run back to the construction site and find that the construction crew has forgotten the bucket for the machine,I'm sure they were pissed off for having to come out here for nothin.

Now we cross another crossing but now an phone or electric crew tends to the wires.

Now we are on the edge of town and passing the small trailer park before we head back out into thwe wilderness.
fall57.jpg

you better have been stepping on the brakes; looks like you are about to fall off the end of the earth :p

looking good!

peter

you better have been stepping on the brakes; looks like you are about to fall off the end of the earth :p

looking good!

peter

At least hes going slow...So it should be an easy stop...But the rail will do a lil toll in its part :hehe:

The train slowly crawls down the street bell ringing away,and the engineer blowing the horn at every road crossing as I jog along side.

Well I found our recently that CSX sold this line to Vermont Railway,so now CSX has left.But now we got some new locomotives to look at!
I also found out that there is a scrap yard just outside of the small town we rolled through the other day,so I decided to go visit it early in the morning.
When I got there I noticed 2 RS&P Switchers,the scrap yard apparently bought them to move the cars around the yard.

fall58.jpg

I here the faint blow of a horn I have never heard before,so I run out to the junction for the scrap yard,and find a Vermont Railway GP40 coming my way.
fall59.jpg

I follow the train as it backs into the yard and it drops of several gondolas.
fall60.jpg

fall61.jpg

Then it moves forward,and a engineer employed by the scrap yard threw the switch so that the train could drop of the rest of the gondolas,meanwhile the engineer ran over to the swicthers and fired them up so they could get ready for the work day.
fall62.jpg

The train starts to leave with its hoppers towards the mine leaving the switchers to tend to the gondolas.
fall63.jpg

Meanwhile my friend is back in town and catches another Vermont Railway GP40 bringing full hoppers away from the mine.
fall64.jpg

The train crawls up to the Arby's where they must be ginving something away because I've never seen this packed before.
fall65.jpg

The train is now passing the construction ste that was disorganized the other day,now they have a shovel and and traffic cones,they look like the are rushing tog et this done before the town comes alive.
fall66.jpg

The train is just about to leave town as it comes by the trailer park on the outskirts of town.
fall67.jpg

<continues>

<continued>
The train coming out of town,crossing the last crossing in town beofre it heads towards the scrap yard.
fall68.jpg

The Vermont Railway GP40s meet up just outside town,and compared to CSX these engineers actually know each other so they run their lights off as they pass so they don't blind each other.
fall69.jpg

As the end of the 303 passes, 301 flips on its lights as the conductor runs past me to through the switch to let them out of the hole.
fall70.jpg

Now they will continue there way to the mine,as the other heads towards the interchange with you guessed it CSX.

Back