USA Pics

Yep! Your MILW EF4 is one of my personal favourite locomotives to run, so I had a go with skinning it. It is turning out pretty good, I think...

All of these trees and more.. but basically no frame drops.

Cheers,
SM

Hello,

thank you for your compliment :)

And yes, it looks pretty well!!

Unfortunately the MILW stopped its electrification and furthermore that the Joes could not been used elsewhere - perhaps looking like your fictional color scheme.
Looks like you operate it in service of a fictional RR running through a fictional landscape - something about coal hauling??

Your's TUME

Didn't some of the Joes end up at South Shore?

Yes - Out of the 20 original locomotives, MILW got 12 Joes, South Shore got 3, and a railroad in Brazil had the last 5 of them.
In fact, actually, the Illinois RR Museum in Union I believe it is, still has 1 South Shore Joe and it does run. Well at least it did last year. No idea about currently, though..
Hello,

thank you for your compliment :)

And yes, it looks pretty well!!

Unfortunately the MILW stopped its electrification and furthermore that the Joes could not been used elsewhere - perhaps looking like your fictional color scheme.
Looks like you operate it in service of a fictional RR running through a fictional landscape - something about coal hauling??

Your's TUME

Thank you for the compliment!

Yeah, I knew about the MILW stopping the electrified portions of their route. Awful timing, too, because right afterwards an oil crisis. Who knows, if they had maybe not shut off the electrics they could've survived a little longer or still be around today. Or not. Then again, their electrics then were about ready to die anyways, especially the 70-year old boxcabs.
Maybe in this fictional universe the SLRR bought the collapsing MILW instead of Soo and completely rebuilt the inner workings of the Joes... or something. Best realistic solution I got to that :p

Yes - fictional railroad & fictional landscape hauling coal for this particular route, along with other mixed goods I have yet to work in.

Cheers,
SM

Last edited:
I just couldn't resist looking at these pics and not building an electric coal route! What catenaries did you use?

All on the DLS:
<kuid2:82412:41105:1> MILW-SPC-SP-1-20m-003
<kuid:82412:41101> MILW-SPC-SP-1-40m-001
<kuid:82412:41102> MILW-SPC-SP-1-40m-002
<kuid:82412:41103> MILW-SPC-SP-1-40m-003
<kuid:82412:41104> MILW-SPC-SP-1-40m-004
<kuid:82412:31101> MILW-SPC-TO-1-001

They are lovely catenaries.

Cheers,
SM

N&W J 600 hauls the Crescent Limited over N&W trackage.
- Pictures removed -

Where can I find that? I've been wanting to make a complete Crescent Limited trainset, but all there is is magicland's coach.

EDIT:

I'm able to reskin magicland's smoothside passenger cars, but the corrugated passenger cars, like those found on the Crescent, I find difficult to do because you have to get 'into the nooks and crannies' of the corrugated sides.

Last edited:
I got it at the same place where I got this:
jacksonbarno_20150228_0003_zpsovswa293.jpg~original

jacksonbarno_20150228_0004_zpseigslboo.jpg~original

Back