USA Pics

nice shots WCL are those metra s personal screens or available for release? Look really awesome...oh a operational note like it matters but all Metra trains run engine out of city cab car into city!

Nice shots WCL. I like the city look.

The only thing, in that third shot down, I wouldn't use a low res building for up close shots.

Cheers,

Dave Snow

Thanx....Yeah I will switch em out....:)

nice shots WCL are those metra s personal screens or available for release? Look really awesome...oh a operational note like it matters but all Metra trains run engine out of city cab car into city!

Shows how much I know about running Metra stuff.....lol :hehe: I'll make sure its right the next time......

Thank You :)

Rock Wall..

:wave:
Bobcass_20141005_0015_zpsfb47537c.jpg

In the United States and China, there are two seasonal wheat crops - spring wheat and winter wheat. Winter wheat accounts for nearly three-fourths of total U.S. production. North Dakota accounts for more than half of all U.S. spring wheat. The largest producing states for winter wheat are Kansas, Texas and Washington.

Winter Wheat:
Planting: Winter wheat is planted from mid-August through October.
Harvest: Winter wheat is harvested from mid-May to mid-July.
Spring Wheat:
Planting: Spring wheat is planted from April through May.
Harvest: Spring wheat is harvested from mid-August to mid-September.

In the United States, most of the corn crop is grown in the Midwest. Typically, the southernmost areas will begin planting first and then the most northern areas will begin planting as the snow is gone and the soil is thawed.

Planting: Corn crops are planted beginning in April and last into June.
Harvest: Corn is mainly harvested in October and is finished by the end of November.

Also all grains are not transported in bulk via covered hoppers. Grain are exported in sacks 123lbs, or in Intermediate bulk containers, IBC, which are mounted on a standard forklift-able pallet. IBC's are also used for liquids and powered, fine grain, products. All transported in a box car, or in a shipping container.

John

Last edited:
On the SP, they didn't call it the Beet Campaign for nothing... :D

It only lasted a few months, and then you'd see all those ratty old gons stored for the rest of the year on sidings and spurs between the Imperial Valley and LA, on the Saugus, even up the Valley to the Manteca / Stockton area. Part of the reason they always looked so sun-bleached & weather-beaten (aside from just being old cars overall....).

Regards,
MSP

On the SP, they didn't call it the Beet Campaign for nothing... :D

It only lasted a few months, and then you'd see all those ratty old gons stored for the rest of the year on sidings and spurs between the Imperial Valley and LA, on the Saugus, even up the Valley to the Manteca / Stockton area. Part of the reason they always looked so sun-bleached & weather-beaten (aside from just being old cars overall....).

Regards,
MSP
Union Pacific still carries that on today. We're currently in the beet campaign right now. While theres probably only about 1 beet train per day, it generally lasts about 2 months and its done.

Back