USA Pics

See.. that what I call realism of the Sim . Just like in real life , they get stuck from time to time LOL . make sure all the content has been updated and changes submitted . See if that fixes you problem . Did with mine .

Matt

In real life they should be doing what his is doing. the fist gate that you come to goes down first, followed by the gate on the other side of the tracks, this allows for anyone currently on the tracks when the gates start going down to get off the tracks. If they all went down at the same time, you could get trapped on the wrong side of the gates.

peter

Weed control on the UMR

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Lashups of now classic EMDs are becoming harder to find in recent years, except they are still a common sight on the Silver Lines. The fleet is showing its age, but the SLRR mechanical department is able to make miracles happen sometimes. That doesn't mean they're not begging for new units, though. They're still enjoying their most recent batch of factory fresh motive power - from 2009.

With almost three quarters of the pre-1980 EMD fleet still in active service, you never know what to expect on a Silver Lines train. Despite many of its sister engines having fallen off of the roster over the years, GP9 #3027 rides in the middle of this classic EMD lashup, paired with an SD45 and two venerable SD40-2s. The leader, 4029, was the last SD40-2 out of the 375 ordered by the railroad and arrived in late 1979.

Here, our locomotives lead a high priority intermodal train through a tight curve outside of the nearby railyard and begin their ascent up the relatively steep grades of this division.

u6YLAgF.jpg

BiONBcz.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Lashups of now classic EMDs are becoming harder to find in recent years, except they are still a common sight on the Silver Lines. The fleet is showing its age, but the SLRR mechanical department is able to make miracles happen sometimes. That doesn't mean they're not begging for new units, though. They're still enjoying their most recent batch of factory fresh motive power - from 2009.

With almost three quarters of the pre-1980 EMD fleet still in active service, you never know what to expect on a Silver Lines train. Despite many of its sister engines having fallen off of the roster over the years, GP9 #3027 rides in the middle of this classic EMD lashup, paired with an SD45 and two venerable SD40-2s. The leader, 4029, was the last SD40-2 out of the 375 ordered by the railroad and arrived in late 1979.

Here, our locomotives lead a high priority intermodal train through a tight curve outside of the nearby railyard and begin their ascent up the relatively steep grades of this division.

Cheers,
SM
could you add GE Universals and Alco Centuries to the Silver Lines roster history?

could you add GE Universals and Alco Centuries to the Silver Lines roster history?

The Silver Lines roster included a very small number of Uboats and Centuries, though few enjoyed a very luxurious career. You can find the entire work-in-progress SLRR roster here.

The C628s were the only Alcos that lasted on the SLRR, with five of them continuing on in active service up into the mid 1990s. By 1997, two of the last five had been scrapped, and the last three were officially retired later that year. Despite this, the three of them are just officially retired, but none were scrapped or given away. Instead, they live together in a shed. Once and a great while, however, when there becomes a desperate need for motive power, the Alcos make a guest appearance.

Here in 1996, the last three Alcos on the active Silver Lines roster, 2899, 2898, and 2893, all managed to get assigned to the same train - an intermodal.
XeE3c27.jpg

Cheers,
SM

My trainz experience is so quirky sometimes. I picked up a couple of P&WV cabooses by simulatortrain somewhere recently. I had not gotten them before because I didn't recognize the railroad but I picked them up this time cause I like cabooses. They've been sitting on my system for a couple of weeks and today I decided to see if I had any other P&WV rolling stock. To my surprise I did have a few open hoppers and a couple of gondolas, huh! So I got on the DLS and found a locomotive, amazing. Now I had to find a route... I knew if I had any P&WV trackage it would probably be on jrfolco's Mega route and sure enough there was a short segment of P&WV with interchanges with the WM, P&LE, and PRR outside of Connellsville, PA. It even had a lumber mill.

P&WV #101 picks up some orphaned P&WV railcars from the P&LE/WM interchange yard and returns them to Pittsburgh.

:D

Those are pretty nice and do think Menards should get some recognition for selling their own O gauge model trains in real life and that retailer is really adding to the model railroading hobby.

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019, Progressive Rail Jesse James Line - TRS19, Switch Power site in Winter
Check out the video

Another great route from Joe. I did solve a performance issue I had with the route. With the Grazzy splines FPS was dropping to around 3 - 5 FPS in places, after disabling the grazzy splines the framerate was pegged at 60fps most of the time. I am running a GTX1660ti 8gb.

cheers
Graeme

Thanks Graeme, is there any suggested substitute for those Grazzy splines? I noticed that FPS only dropped on the south end of the route and thought it was probably the Fort Smith Arkansas River Bridge.

(Nice - MKT and KCS!)

Edit for screenies ;)

A&M - BNSF Interchange Yard Monett, MO

BNSF drops a couple of dozen boxcars and adds a dozen gondolas to their consist, A&M adds the boxcars and heads south.

:D

Last edited:
Back