USA Pics

I know ns37, but I was only mentioning the six axle stuff in regards to that SD60I screenshot. I couldn't find it on the Wayback Machine for the proof of its existence.

hey eagle eyes those are converted MSTS models by Danny Beck

Okay, fair, but I don't see or know people who convert MSTS content to Trainz so I wouldn't know. The VMD F45's and SD45's have the same kind of sheen as the converted stuff so naturally, going off what I remember, I associate the model with the same sheen as something from VMD as a VMD product.

Quite a stretch to be honest.

Same reason as my above quote from TheRock, just oblivious, that's all.

Last edited:
lld9qqB.jpg

Joq85xB.jpg

VkFvgDf.jpg

dogDT4L.jpg

m8JtJnX.jpg

Po3Hd49.jpg

3NbA0VL.jpg

More here.

The CN's Necedah turn (L558) heads south on the ex-Milwaukee Road "Valley Line" near Necedah, Wisconsin. The turn can get just about anything for power- as evidenced by SD70ACe 8101 doing the honors today.

Last edited:
Yeah, BN Oasis is pretty good. It fits almost any railroad really well, and of course goes really good with Northwestern railroads.

More BN Oasis, feat Northwest Rail SDP35s #165 and #164. The SDP35's, of Union Pacific heritage, powered TOFC trains until 1990, where they were converted to HEP-Equipped commuter power for the SeaTac area.

2022-08-30-195206.jpg

2022-08-30-195215.jpg

2022-08-30-195223.jpg

NWR SD39's with a grain train. The SD39's on the NWR system were well suited to grain and coal work, two of the heaviest commodities on the railroad. The railroad ballasted them up to 390,000 pounds for better tractive effort when hauling trains and acting as helpers, which was regular. Because of their large plows, they were often seen in Montana and Wyoming, as they were based in Cheyenne. Sometimes, one would wander into Calgary or the SeaTac area but it was very uncommon.

2022-08-31-075528.jpg

Clay, WV ended up being one of the larger settlements along the Elk River, and as a result, it became a refueling site for the Pennsylvania's steam power, as well as the helper station. Clay's purpose as the parking space for helpers for the nearby grade past Hartland was retained, though the refueling of steam power was naturally no longer necessary. During a number of track refurbishments between 1968 and 1980, the Hartland siding was extended to meet the end of the "siding" at Clay. While the nearest track was cut off early, the middle now holds traffic when the Belva-Hartland line (a 20-someodd mile gap in sidings, filled with the steepest grades on the division) is clogged up. For practical purposes, though, it's just where the helpers live.

SLRR C801-2 passes by the remains Clay's old depot, coaling tower, and signal bridge. The signal bridge was demoted a few years earlier, and the depot was abandoned after fire damage.

5vGN0W5.jpg

mrz52f9.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Back