USA Pics

That's not an interstate, just a US highway. US Highways have lower speeds & despite often divided, can have standard intersections & RR crossings.
70mph. At any rate its a game, who cares. Name one route in the this game that 100%, ill wait.

Yeah I know its not 100% realistic or 100% prototypical. Many of my designs are more fun, I usually like to have more interesting crossings then just laying bridges and tunnels everywhere. Yes technically its more of a highway then an interstate but I use a lot of highways on my route so I thought that Interstate 545 was cooler like the federal government came in and funded the expansion of the old highway to help the expanding city, though parts still have the old highway on it. Anyways continue on with the amazing pictures you guys post.

hert:wave:

That is absolutely 100% not prototypical. The Interstate would have a bridge over the train tracks and the road next to it.

I can't speak to American practice, but back in the 1970s there was exactly such a level crossing over Hwy 401 (a Canadian equivalent to US interstates) a bit east of Toronto. At some later point they did build a bridge to take the tracks over the highway, though.

To be back on topic, Here is a typical Cass Scenic Railroad Whittaker run these days.

2021-06-15-130211.jpg

GRHbg0M

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Still working on this steam railroad but, thought I would showcase a screenshot of Tidewater Western Railroad Mikado steam engine # 5518 which has just finished taking on more coal and water, is now seen here running light engine.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Thanks, the sky is from jointedrail, I still have plenty of work to do on the railroad, but, I will wait for the next patch which will hopefully iron out more bugs including the ever annoying water injectors on steam engines before I can start again.

An RS-32 and an F7A pushes on a southbound grain train.
2021-08-24-162805.jpg

The helper set meets a northbound oil train, headed by an F7A, F7B, RSD-15, RS-11 and an F3A.
2021-08-24-163452.jpg

A rear-facing shot of the same train.
2021-08-24-163531.jpg

A southbound ATSF manifest lead by a GP35, GP30, RSD-15 and an F7A passes by.
2021-08-24-163846.jpg

Rearward facing shot of the same train.
2021-08-24-163907.jpg

Last edited:
Back