Good news for NSW trainspotters

Trainz Legend
Hello
Just heard a news report that with the ammount of truck crashes happening lately the government is planning on moveing more goods via rail which of course leads to more trains:udrool: ...

Anthony

Took them long enough to realise that rail freight is a much better way to do it. Now if only they'll invest more into the infrastructure so it can all work more efficiently. Oh, and how long do you reckon it'll be before they actually get with it and send it via the rails? :p

Not particularly a trainspotter/photographer but I do enjoy looking at other peoples work so if this means more then all good!

yes they will make the appropriate noises till the papers are used for wrapping garbage and promise the same the next time it happens. NSW stands for Newcastle Sydney Wollongong, if you don't live there you don't exist as far as the govt is concerned

Every Government in power has made a similar statement.
Not a commitment.

The Maldon Dombarton Rail link Between the highlands & Port Kembla was started in 1983.This was supposed to carry coal wheat & various other things to relieve road transport.
I can see the line from my house I'm still waiting to see a train on it 25yrs later.By the time a train does come by using that route I doubt if I will be able to see that far.
I think there is less rail traffic now compared to when I was a kid then there were lots of trains now there a fewer but they a hell of a lot longer.

Dave

hi,
got the same problem in FNQ. they want to ban trucks on kuranda range
and use the railway. trouble is can't fit modern freight wagons through
15 tunnels built in 1892 without spending a kings ransom. more money in
tourism than freight.

cheers. patchy

Back