TC Competition?

QR1408

Is the TC Competition still going or am I going crazy. Have tried 3 times to upload an entry to DLS with no success. So decided to mail it on CD. Emailed Auran comp at trainzcomp@auran.com and received a reply that there was no such address at Auran!

E-mail looks valid to me.

How to Enter
Once your creation is complete, upload it to the Download Station, then send an email to trainzcomp@auran.com to let us know about it.
Bear in mind that Auran is still on holidays (I believe) and anything uploaded to the DLS has to be manually approved by them. So nothing is being approved to the DLS and the e-mail isn't being answered until they return.

EDIT: dumb ol' me, didn't see the part about the e-mail address bouncing. Looks like it's off to the Helpdesk with you!

Further to this it seems impossible to upload a route of any reasonable size. I always upload via the download cart. After I submitted the CDP the download cart screen went blank after about 10 minutes. I allowed half an hour or more for it upload which should be plenty of time for 28mb on broadband. A boxcar reskin was uploaded OK and is in the unprocessed area,but not the route. I don't know if anyone else is having these kinds of problems too?

Correct, there is a 20mb upload limit. Although Auran have been known to manually place larger routes on the DLS if you ask nicely.

If you check the upload limit is 50mb not 20mb, this is on the Upload section of Download Cart,that's also the maximum size allowed in the TC comp. Hopefully there will be some Auran staffer available soon who does know what he's talking about.

Last edited:
Back