southlines: which map part goes where?

nitroline

hi all

i am trying to make the nsw southlines fit together, but i seems to have it wrong.

in the old forum somebody had put a thread up about where they shouls all go. i am starting at wagga and working towards? sydney hopefully

can somebody please tell me where the maps should go

thanks
steven

thanks mate
how do i go about that?
i tried searching in the forums for him, but it came up empty

cheers
steven

Southlines Suite of Maps

Pity all this stuff was lost when the old Forum went 'west'.

In word form the Maps connect as follows...
heading from south-west to north-east.

Wagga (Wagga to Junee - main NSW south line)
Junee (Junee to Bethungra- main NSW south line)
Bethungra (Bethungra to Cootamundra - main NSW south line)
Southlines (Cootamundra to Cunningar silo - main NSW south line)
Boorowra Branch ( Cunningar to Galong ) joins main south line at Cunningar silo)
Monteagle ( joins the main southlines map at Maimuru on the Cowra branch)
Wedden ( continues the Cowra branch to Cowra and includes the Grenfell branch)
Tumut branch 1 ( Cootamundra to Gundagai - connects to main southlines map at south Cootamundra)
Tumut Branch 2 ( Gundagai to Tumut via Gilmore)
Tumut Branch 3 (Gilmore to Batlow)

Hope you can follow and have success in glueing them all together and then actually being able to load and run the route with reasonable FPS. Dont forget to delete some of the empty loop sections at the ends of some maps, save each new addition before adding the next and check all industry active components as this can be a problem.

Peter

hi
thank you for that. i will have to find all the maps now. it should be a lot of fun.i hope my computer doesnt stutter too much.

i will post here when i have it done and fill you in

cheers
steven

I still have the map that was produced sitting on my HDD, here at work. Can email to someone to upload if required

hi
thanks a lot for that.

it will help immensely with placing them together.
last night i joined up wagga, junee and bethungra.

my southlines cdp was faulty so i got it from the dls again

will put progress report up here

cheers and thanks

steven

hi all

i have now hooked up wagga, junee, bethungra and southlines.
i couldnt find the other maps so i cut the young branch off and hooked it up to the wagga end. on the map it seems about the righ distance to the border.
it will do for me for now anyway

when i can find decent live stations (3 platforms or more) then i will have even more fun

still trying to work out a good timetable for through trains and goodstrains as well

cheers and thanks for the help

will post some screenshots when it looks ok

steven

This appears to be an extensive layout. Would these layouts be on the DSL or another website. Advise. Would like to download and combine for myself

Jack:)

hi mate

go to the dls and type in:
wagga wagga
junee
bethungra
southlines 4

there are others, if you read tjhe above there is a map with the other names available to download
any questions please ask
cheers
ateven

Thanks for the help all. Post #4 listed the list and if I run into trouble, i'll ask questions here

Jack

P.s. got the map also:D

one question? does this work in 2004 or is it only for 2006?

Last edited:
@PGibbons - download all except Wagga and Junee and install in both 2004 and 2006. Would like to be able to connect the above branches to my 2004 layout combined, but the are both only 2006. Will there be a 2004 version made available?:confused:

Have a few missing kuid issues, but that will be for another time

Great looking route, btw! I can run my slides all the way to the right with no trouble, but I expect that will change when I start connecting the branches

Looking forward to running on it in the near future

Any suggestions as to rolling stock - like QR stock?

Advise on the 2004 branch version availability on Wagga and Junee branches please

Jack:D

hi jack

i read on the old forum that id you change the build number
they will be playable on 2004

i am using QR and nsw rolling stock and a mixed bag of steam locos

cheers
steven

@nitroline - Thanks for the RS info. Tried your suggestion, but didn't work. I think the reason is because it was developed on a 2006 program. The originator doesn't have 2004. Both files are from him. Oh, well. It will just have to be shorter in 2004. I have the full length in 2006

Again, thanks Steven

Jack

@PGibbons - Finished combining the routes for 2004. A bunch of editing/filling in/etc, but well worth the effort. Have run and engine for about an hour and 15 minutes and only gotten to Gilmore. Whew!

Took a bunch of screen shots, but many where too far away for posting

Could I ask, Can I make some changes? Like, adding a Wye at Gilmore. My engine started backwards toward Califat, where a wye would let it go forward toward Califat prior to Gilmore and like that. It is for myself only. I will not request nor zip for uploading, any part of your layout.

Advise, Jack

P.s. @Nitroline - Thanks for the RS info. I have some, but will look for more on the DLS

Last edited:
hi jack

nobody minds you modifying things to play with yourself.
i have put new stations at wagga 4 platform
junee 3 platform
both passenger interactive

i have also modified a lot of the very sharp points
in junee i got rid of them all near the station
entry and exit to the goods yard is from either end only

will post screenshots when i clean up my webpage

cheers
steven

Soutjlines...

Good to see people still enjoying this collection of routes in TRS004. Junee and Wagga are certainly TRS006 only routes and I dont think I'll ever get around to back-leveling them.

The Young branch is part of the main Southlines route and branches off the main southline to the north at Deamondrille.

The two routes needed to extend through to Cowra are Monteagle (KUID 4801:20045) and Weddin V1,1 (KUID:68830:1031) both of which are on the DLS and both TRS004.

As for most of these routes (mine certainly) they are closely based on actual track layouts especially at the main towns/stations. Some poetic licence has been taken with other parts of some routes due to the constraints of Surveyor.

PG

Back