Timetable Problem

Ghostryder

QDRN CEO
i have been recreating the Ipswich Qld line running from Brisbane to Ipswich which is about 38kms long.
i have tried to run an all stops service from Central to Ipswich, which is tabled to cover the distance in 63 minutes. in game mode i find myself being 4.22kms and three stations short of the required distance. the line is set out with signal and speedboards as per the time period.

can anyone suggest ways i can cover the required distance within the required time?

Cheers

Ghosty

Are you using passenger enabled stations? If yes these may be slowing the train earlier and taking longer to load than in reality. You may need to time the trains departure at each station and compare with the real timetable. Braking and acceleration may also be a factor.

thank you for responding.
yes i am using passenger enabled stations. the stations are mostly Andi06s passenger stations, i have tried playing around with the stopping times and i have the station set at 2 seconds and that leaves me the 4.22kms short. i am open to any and all suggestions.

Cheers

Ghosty

I dont use his stations but 2 seconds seems very quick to me. The script for stopping the train and loading and unloading would take much longer than that. Depart the train from brisbane at the scheduled time from your timetable then note the departure time from each of the following stations and compare with the timetable. This should show if certain sections are slower or if it is a gradual delay throughout the route. 2 minutes between most stations may be pushing it a little bit for trainz to match.

Hi Ghosty
Thought i would have a look at this line and did a very quick straight track version. Placed all stations and used the timetable and distances as seen in the ipswich line transport information (38.6km). I used MP track and my station basic 60m stations, the consist used was the BR Class 101. The entire route was set to 60mph with signals at every station. I departed the train at 13.51 from Brisbane all stops to Ipswich arrived at 14.46, 2 minutes slower than the timetable of 53 minutes. From Ipswich to Brisbane the train arrived on time.
I dont know what speed restrictions you have used or what signals etc but it is possible to run to those times.

The era i have set ipswich for is during the 1966-76 era so the signaling is a combination of Semaphore and coloured light. top speed for Ipswich line for the time period is a few short sections of 90km/h running. mostly the line limit was 80km/h slowest sections are 50km/h. the timetable as mentioned in original post allows for the run to be done in 63 minutes.
the train comprised normally 7-8 cars with a single 90 or 60 tonne loco out front. stagecoach i can be contacted on yahoo my address is in profile feel free to contact.

Cheers

Ghosty

Last edited:
Looking at what you gave me it would seem to be a combination of things. Firstly the stations are slowing the trains down early plus the time to complete the load causes some delay. The braking power of different engines vary. I think you may need to increase all the speed limits by about 5 in order to get closer to the time over the distance of the route. Not sure if the distance the train starts to react to the station can be delayed until a bit later to try and speed up this process.

Back