FEC Key West extension modern day

IT'S... BACK!!!

The KWE is restored to a partly active route as of 9/2012. Reason being I am focusing on the Dade stretch between Homestead and Miami proper. I am sort of also envisioning a transportation solution that may be proposed in a large scale in the future.

S Miami has received progress around the "N Wye" which is the N leg of the wye with the Little River line, which was truncated in 84.

View from Ludlam Rd
dc6042224b34a8530c66997ddfc725e2.jpg

View from SW 84 St
bd306ebdd065a3ce24065492123819fb.jpg

It is going to be announced that I'm gonna be doing my own traffic signals, Railroad Crossing cantievers, Western Curyns Hyes RR Xing lights, and Traffic Lights Gantries as of July 31, 2013 and August 2013. I will sequencing will make the 1-7 World Trade Centers and the Original World Trade Center today, throughout Auran GMAX Trainz Gamepack for today and I will be doing the Traffic Lights, RR Cantievers, RR crossing lights and Traffic Light Gantries tomorrow. I hope you're enjoyed this message and enjoy articles: New ATLS Signals established by kj3400, My Content RR Xing and Traffic Light Screenz and FEC Key West Extenstion established by brickbuilder711. I hope you'll enjoy those articles. :clap: :Y:

Downtown Jacksonville On my Florida main lines wich includes All of the fec from miami to Jacksonville Annd All csx Lines

trainz2013-08-0114-48-03-28_zpsa53a4036.jpg

Downtown Jacksonville On my Florida main lines wich includes All of the fec from miami to Jacksonville Annd All csx Lines

trainz2013-08-0114-48-03-28_zpsa53a4036.jpg

I lived in Jax for 10 years before a job relocation forced me to move north. Loved every minute of Jax!
Looks great!!!! Is this route available on the DLS for TRS10?

Some work on South Miami....

The Tri-Rail Station

9432620349_8c42d40682_h.jpg

9432624797_bc4bbc9660_h.jpg

Part 2 of the work around Dadeland Station - SW 80th Street down to Dadeland. Progress included the activation of the signal at 80th, work on the strip mall at Ludlam/US 1 , a new overhead bridge, and a couple addition details. There will also be a greenway much like the M-path. It's the little things that count, remember that ;)
Meanwhile, I'm feeling more and more motivated to finally get new traffic signals done and even a road system. Maybe new block signals as well as the original Gmax files are but lost. New website coming soon(TM).

9435408274_1de603beca_h.jpg

9432629409_09fb3b73a5_h.jpg

9435411466_68465359f9_h.jpg

Some work on South Miami....

The Tri-Rail Station

9432620349_8c42d40682_h.jpg

9432624797_bc4bbc9660_h.jpg

Part 2 of the work around Dadeland Station - SW 80th Street down to Dadeland. Progress included the activation of the signal at 80th, work on the strip mall at Ludlam/US 1 , a new overhead bridge, and a couple addition details. There will also be a greenway much like the M-path. It's the little things that count, remember that ;)
Meanwhile, I'm feeling more and more motivated to finally get new traffic signals done and even a road system. Maybe new block signals as well as the original Gmax files are but lost. New website coming soon(TM).

9435408274_1de603beca_h.jpg

9432629409_09fb3b73a5_h.jpg

9435411466_68465359f9_h.jpg

I have successfully created my first two traffic light poles in Gmax Auarn Trainz Gamepack on August 1, 2013.

@DKDSmith, your sig is too big and he may be have permission to upload that bridge...

@jimabbey What is the original one?

Last edited:
@DKDSmith, your sig is too big and he may be have permission to upload that bridge...

@jimabbey What is the original one?

@AMTRACKwannabe, if you look at my message again, I change my signature to a Nintendo Luigi signature in a small signature.

RE: @AMTRACKwannabe, if you double look at my message again I change my signature again to this one:

@jimabbey you must be new here too.

Last edited:
This is a yet to be published one So far its miami to Jacksonville ,Completed,Now working on CSX routes through Florida MODS can you delete this?

Last edited:
I lived in Jax for 10 years before a job relocation forced me to move north. Loved every minute of Jax!
Looks great!!!! Is this route available on the DLS for TRS10?
Yet to be published Finished Miami to Jax now working on the CSX routes through Florida (trainz 2012 only)

UPDATES and rambling.....

You know, four years is a long time for a route to develop. And with that comes two new editions of Trainz, the latter of which I end up with.

Areas in my section of the Key West Extension are LONG overdue for overhauls. South Miami, Pinecrest, and the areas between Key Largo and Islamorada need to be repolished and upgraded with the newer high-res textures, content, and trackage that I have come to familiarize myself with. (Note: Nikos's sections are staying unchanged to the best of my ability, there are a few missing assets from the jump to TS12 but I'll fix that)

Snake Creek, at Mile Marker 85 (FEC MP 435) is the first area to be redone partly from scratch. The speedtree bump made every "Oak Tree" a super-hi-poly shrub, so I redid the shrubbery with Jankvis's freeware shrubs, a series of scenery assets I began incorporating with the Tampa Terminal in 2011. On the side of course a couple 3d trees were added too. The textures were changed from the very strong and blinding CAB textures to a mix of Murva and the high res 2009 textures, putting the real teeth back in the extension.

brickbuilder711_20090120_0005.jpg

a855bc2970b589714720b6184161d301.jpg

I know I've been focusing way too much on the mainland. So I returned to the upper Keys for new areas. Here's Plantation Key. I found a patch of grass that could form a train station and from my query to the FEC mailing list, they told me it could very well be that area. So since I added an Amtrak element a while ago to this route, I made Plantation Key station part of the route. It is only served by the Floridian and the Star, as the Meteor bypasses this station due to low ridership and low demand.

aea59d716c5155b6c7f5b20560b30fe4.jpg

Yes, FEC rivet counter and historian, the tracks and US-1 are flip-flopped. I didn't know that the tracks are supposed to be where the "Old Highway US1" was when I did the nearby overpass in 2009 but realized that all parts of "Old Highway" in this area could be the ex-FEC mainline. Since the "New Highway" is supposed to be more direct, I laid the "higher speed mainline" that was mentioned in this route's basic story where the current US1 is today. But I preserved history. Plantation's "old depot" sits next to US-1, and....

d6589d1027d234e0f35f0c084a3ec3f7.jpg

The Plantation Key industrial park, meant to spice up an area with a couple real-life industrial looking buildings/places, includes a spur that was the ex-mainline. Three customers are on the line: Amerigas, which is made up, a fertilizer customer which there's a similar building there in real life, and a lumber yard that sits there today (background). There are two more manifest customers, mainly boat parts/machinery on the big curve towards Tavernier. Also on the north side of the key, there's a steel customer which is just an industrial building in real life. As Richard said earlier in this thread (Throwback Thursday), Trainz is great for designing all the possibilities of a certain railroad at a certain place/time period. And that's what I hope to aim at with this route.

As may be hinted earlier in this thread, the track is now JR concrete and the ballast will be upgraded on the entire mainline to match the concrete ties to give an updated look. A siding was added at Long Key-Fiesta Key and Spanish Harbor was extended north just a little to allow longer meets. Soon, Marathon will be a longer super-siding, a siding will be installed near Boca Chica Key, and entire route will be level (Long Key to Jewfish is completely level). No more bucking broncos!

Last edited:
You know, four years is a long time for a route to develop. And with that comes two new editions of Trainz, the latter of which I end up with.

Areas in my section of the Key West Extension are LONG overdue for overhauls. South Miami, Pinecrest, and the areas between Key Largo and Islamorada need to be repolished and upgraded with the newer high-res textures, content, and trackage that I have come to familiarize myself with. (Note: Nikos's sections are staying unchanged to the best of my ability, there are a few missing assets from the jump to TS12 but I'll fix that)

Snake Creek, at Mile Marker 85 (FEC MP 435) is the first area to be redone partly from scratch. The speedtree bump made every "Oak Tree" a super-hi-poly shrub, so I redid the shrubbery with Jankvis's freeware shrubs, a series of scenery assets I began incorporating with the Tampa Terminal in 2011. On the side of course a couple 3d trees were added too. The textures were changed from the very strong and blinding CAB textures to a mix of Murva and the high res 2009 textures, putting the real teeth back in the extension.

brickbuilder711_20090120_0005.jpg

a855bc2970b589714720b6184161d301.jpg

I know I've been focusing way too much on the mainland. So I returned to the upper Keys for new areas. Here's Plantation Key. I found a patch of grass that could form a train station and from my query to the FEC mailing list, they told me it could very well be that area. So since I added an Amtrak element a while ago to this route, I made Plantation Key station part of the route. It is only served by the Floridian and the Star, as the Meteor bypasses this station due to low ridership and low demand.

aea59d716c5155b6c7f5b20560b30fe4.jpg

Yes, FEC rivet counter and historian, the tracks and US-1 are flip-flopped. I didn't know that the tracks are supposed to be where the "Old Highway US1" was when I did the nearby overpass in 2009 but realized that all parts of "Old Highway" in this area could be the ex-FEC mainline. Since the "New Highway" is supposed to be more direct, I laid the "higher speed mainline" that was mentioned in this route's basic story where the current US1 is today. But I preserved history. Plantation's "old depot" sits next to US-1, and....

d6589d1027d234e0f35f0c084a3ec3f7.jpg

The Plantation Key industrial park, meant to spice up an area with a couple real-life industrial looking buildings/places, includes a spur that was the ex-mainline. Three customers are on the line: Amerigas, which is made up, a fertilizer customer which there's a similar building there in real life, and a lumber yard that sits there today (background). There are two more manifest customers, mainly boat parts/machinery on the big curve towards Tavernier. Also on the north side of the key, there's a steel customer which is just an industrial building in real life. As Richard said earlier in this thread (Throwback Thursday), Trainz is great for designing all the possibilities of a certain railroad at a certain place/time period. And that's what I hope to aim at with this route.

As may be hinted earlier in this thread, the track is now JR concrete and the ballast will be upgraded on the entire mainline to match the concrete ties to give an updated look. A siding was added at Long Key-Fiesta Key and Spanish Harbor was extended north just a little to allow longer meets. Soon, Marathon will be a longer super-siding, a siding will be installed near Boca Chica Key, and entire route will be level (Long Key to Jewfish is completely level). No more bucking broncos!

As of September 14, 2013:
It is going to be announced that I going to stop posting in brickbuilder711's threads and start my own threads and my own FEC Key West Route as of September 14, 2013. Along with my own Key West/Florida Route, I will be doing my own Traffic Lights (ATLS) and RR Crossings Gantries/Cantilevers, and I apologizes for having brickbuilder711 (Tolga) in trouble everybody in this thread. So I will be posting up the new thread and I'll let all of y'all posting in the thread after I post it up. So, I hope y'all will enjoy this special message and I'll get started on the new thread today.
:cool:

I have post up my new thread for my Florida route with Key West and Miami. And the thread is called "New Content: FEC Key West/Miami, Florida Route & RR Xings and Traffic Light project."

Last edited:
Why? This is Tolga's thread for his FEC. 2 people doing exactly the same project? doesn't sound very productive. Get out of Tolga's thread and leave him alone please

Jamie

Why? This is Tolga's thread for his FEC. 2 people doing exactly the same project? doesn't sound very productive. Get out of Tolga's thread and leave him alone please

Jamie

@H222, I have announced to stop posting in Tolga's (brickbuilder711's thread) and I will leave him alone, and I will start up my own threads and my content creation.

Then get out. However, I still find it pointless to build EXACTLY the same thing line and assets as Tolga

Jamie

As of September 14, 2013:
It is going to be announced that I going to stop posting in brickbuilder711's threads and start my own threads and my own FEC Key West Route as of September 14, 2013. Along with my own Key West/Florida Route, I will be doing my own Traffic Lights (ATLS) and RR Crossings Gantries/Cantilevers, and I apologizes for having brickbuilder711 in trouble everybody in this thread. So I will be posting up the new thread and I'll let all of y'all posting in the thread after I post it up. So, I hope y'all will enjoy this special message and I'll get started on the new thread today.
:cool:

I have post up my new thread for my Florida route with Key West and Miami. And the thread is called "New Content: FEC Key West/Miami, Florida Route & RR Xings and Traffic Light project."

Good luck with 140 miles to completely detail. I'll be going at my own pace.

Jamie

I think not either. But as I said, I'll just go on and produce what I am producing. He may figure it out whether truly it is productive or not.....

Here's my latest video from the route.

Glad to see you're still hammering away at this Tolga, route is looking good! Also love those Champion SD40-2's whoever did them.

Back