Trainz Plus Beta update - PC# 121380 & Mac# 121370

Received this error when trying to install patch.
_
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Are you using the TRS22+ installed version or the TRS22 retail installed version? Only plus has the beta download link.
I have just installed a new TRS22+ version and it installed the patch without any problems.

DOWNLOADS are
Tane
TRS19
TRS22
TRS22+
TRS22+ Alpha

Last edited:
Yes but did you install the TRS22+ download? As a member the TRS22 retail version also becomes a + but will not accept betas.

Trainz22 + ???

There are 4 options for download stream, none of which is Trainz22+

They are

Trainz Plus
Trainz Plus Beta
TRS 22
TRS 22 Beta

I am using Trainz Plus Beta

I bought full TRS19 when it was first released and moved up to Plus Gold when it became available.

Too many versions making my head spin.

My only question is this - If I'm not on the correct version, why is it telling me there's an upgrade to install when I start the game?

Last edited:
I have a similar issue with the patches and solved simply hitting the "back" button and then again "apply patch" and everything usually goes smooth till the end. don't know if it could help

Go to MyTrainz at the top of this page. On the left under download products, you will see a list of Trainz products. If you installed or upgraded TRS19 to TRS22(retail) you won't get the beta update. You need to install the TRS22 Plus download and that version only will allow the new update. N3V split TRS22 into two versions, the retail version which will not accept betas and the Plus version which allows beta upgrades. As a Plus member using TRS22 retail allows access to all Plus products except the betas.

I didn't install/upgrade TRS19. I did a full install of Trainz Plus. I am curently on version 119450.

I have had no problem installing prior patches.

I'll ask again. If I am on the wrong version, why does Trainz tell me there's an update available every time I start the game. If the update doesn't apply to me, then I shouldn't be getting a constant message to upgrade.

I didn't install/upgrade TRS19. I did a full install of Trainz Plus. I am curently on version 119450.

I just installed the beta on one of my two build 119450 installs without any problems. I set the update stream to Trainz Plus Beta and it picked up and installed the patch almost immediately.

Well I've tried several times now - keep getting same error msg.

Not going to worry about it anyway, will wait for official release and see what happens.

Just updated one of my installs to the new beta. Everything went smoothly. I have no errors showing and all my routes are there and they seem to all work.

my question is this. When i open the new beta version it looks exactly like the non-beta version. To work on one of my routes in HD do i need to “update route” for all the new features to work?

Downloaded fast and tested, did not see much difference from the Alpha2
no trouble on my 4 year old mediocre PC

Conversion to HD goes well except:
-the 16 texture limit per baseboard
-the new water not as nice as old (I know its in the works)
-caching (maybe after conversion needs an auto purge)
-tunnel entrances give strange effects
-filesize is still a problem from 10x10 to HD, gave me near 5x the size

Sadly no improvements to any interface
except the still too big driver faces look less distorted

questions:
-Could there be made setting where people can set the maximum number of textures per baseboard?
-What is the impact of a PBR groundtexture vs a standard one, and is that the reason for the limit?
-When will the 1gb .CDP limit be lifted?
-Any news on Transdem vs HD?
-Why cant any HD baseboard be edited in S1? (many things are not related to HD)
-Why is dighole, still the coarse 10x10m minimum, while texture radius is 1.2m?

keep up the good work, HD can be good, though I will use it sparingly
posted many pics/vids in the Trainz Discord beta-tester part
greetings GM

Thanks for the info Jeff,

This release was set for high-end hardware, there are known performance issues with clutter in the current build on certain systems. (primarily AMD cards, but has also been identified on some nvidia cards).

Try turning off clutter effects to see if your framerate returns.

There are no performance options for HD in this build, so framerate is expected to drop in some cases. (depends largely on hardware).

If you could complete a https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu and send us info about what Trainz systems & performance setting you were using as well as what hardware you have, it would be helpful.

Yes I did try everything that you suggested and the Micro Stutters continued.
I have 2 PC Builds that I do the Beta Testing on for your Dev's.

One is the GTX 1080 Ti FTW3, 5800x CPU, 32 Gigs Memory.
2nd one is the RTX 3080 Ti X3 5900x CPU, 32 Gigs Memory.

I installed it on the 3080 PC, and was disappointed at the performance drop compared to the 119450 build.
It was very noticeable. I also turned down the Graphics settings and still got low a FPS.
This may be an issue due to the Custom map Size as it is a very large layout.
Was tested using the Surveyor Classic.
All in all, I uninstalled this new update and went back to my original 119450, and the Performance went back to the normal smooth FPS.
Thank You for your help.

how to install beta

EDIT DISREGARD NOW RESOLVED, tried again and it is patching now, maybe when I tried prior the patch was still uploading.....

As a Train + Gold member I am unsure how to get the beta. Here is what I've tried:

1) Through the store under product downloads only TrianzPlus is available and it shows version 119450 which is what I have.
2) If I install this and choose the trainz plus beta stream it tells me no patch currently available for this product.
3) If I try to update the currently installed product 119450 it tells me no updates available.

It was my understanding trainz plus would have access to the beta when released? Can someone help me understand how to install it? Thanks

Last edited:
Maybe your Team can guide me thru the Benchmarks of the 2 builds of Trainz +?
I did download the PC Benchmark Test Tool from the email I had gotten from the Trainz News Letter.
I can run that Tool, and then the Kickstarter Country Map that was listed, and all the required Performance settings with the Profiler, and take Screen shots and send them to the Trainz Team.
It will be a bit of work for me to install the update again and do the Testing but that is what I am here for as a beta Tester.
Maybe we can then see the differences of what the issues are?

I successfully updated one of my routes to HD. The conversion went smoothly. I ran the converted route and it ran smoothly - could not see any difference from the route running in 10m. CPU and GPU utilization are about the same.

Spending some time now working with the HD feature on sections of the route to see how that all works.

The water layer is still a pain to use. Other then that so far so good.

When i open the new beta version it looks exactly like the non-beta version. To work on one of my routes in HD do i need to “update route” for all the new features to work?

If you load an existing route constructed at 10m or 5m resolution then it will remain at that resolution so you will see no difference.

To add new baseboards or convert existing baseboards to HD resolution use the Marquee Tool to mark out the baseboards (new or old) then open the Marquee Context Menu.

Two new menu items will appear Add New Baseboards and Convert Existing Baseboards To which replace the previous single menu item, Convert Baseboards To.

I have no idea why the two have now been separated.

Move your mouse onto one of these options and a side menu will appear giving three choices HD Grid, 5m Grid, 10m Grid.

After the conversion to HD you will see no difference - but previously after converting from 10m to 5m there was also no noticeable difference. The immediate difference comes in the minimum size of the brush tool - down from 5m to 0.125m.

Tony suggests to convert the entire route is best for the moment.
Also, use the F9 function key to toggle between Textures, Grid and Wireframe views. You will be able to see a clear difference in the grid size after conversion of your route to a smaller than 5m block.
Suggest trial with a smaller route (or route segment) first and have a good play with all of the new S2 features and enjoy their greater capabilities/ learn how to tame them - Before you convert your pride-and-joy primary work in progress route.

jjeff, Check your vertical sync settings. I always ran with vertical sync set to 'half' and things ran smoothly until this build. FPS rate was capped at 31fps and refused to go higher no matter how sparse or congested the route was. I changed the vertical sync to 'none' and now my fps has jumped to 50-60 and varies with the amount of congestion, as it did in previous builds. The microstuttering seems to have ceased so far. This was using a GTX3080 card.

Last edited:
The "No patchable products" issue has been fixed (a back-end script issue caused by an ä in the name of a DLC item - how about that).

Easiest way to update is "Upgrade Route" - see the docs page for more info. Sorry got to dash now.

Back