Programmable station boards

Hi,

In Trainz12, I put several objects in the station, programmable information boards with a script, and they can be programmed and work anywhere in the vast station.

In Trainz Plus, I set up the same programmable information boards in the same extensive station and I am unable to open the programmable boards anywhere in the station

how to fix it ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rU2cIOLc8FqxSp3UNb6Qazlc5n-k2XLc/view?usp=share_link

best regards
Sebastian

Hi,

In Trainz12, I put several objects in the station, programmable information boards with a script, and they can be programmed and work anywhere in the vast station.

In Trainz Plus, I set up the same programmable information boards in the same extensive station and I am unable to open the programmable boards anywhere in the station

how to fix it ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rU2cIOLc8FqxSp3UNb6Qazlc5n-k2XLc/view?usp=share_link

best regards
Sebastian

Surveyor is paused by default. Have you tried unpausing before editing the properties? Some assets such as track objects require Surveyor to be unpaused in order for them to operate properly. If this isn't the case, then this could be a script error due to changes in the program. The error messages are suppressed by default unlike in other versions such as TS12. To display these errors, you need to click on the Dev tab in Trainz settings, located on the Launcher. This will then turn on the red bug and allow it to appear when there's a script error. You can then click on that and then expand the message to see additional errors that you can report to the content creator to repair.

Hi John,

Please download the information board from the link, install it in your free time and check why this board placed next to the station works properly and moved to the station cannot be set

In my opinion, it's for mesh conflict
1. object placed next to another object works
2. but object within object doesn't work

There is no such problem in Trainz 12
The board can be placed and run anywhere on the station
Perhaps there is a directive that will allow the array to run without conflict

Last edited:
Hi John,

Please download the information board from the link, install it in your free time and check why this board placed next to the station works properly and moved to the station cannot be set

In my opinion, it's for mesh conflict
1. object placed next to another object works
2. but object within object doesn't work

There is no such problem in Trainz 12
The board can be placed and run anywhere on the station
Perhaps there is a directive that will allow the array to run without conflict

I'm able to open the properties on these assets fine, so this isn't a script problem, and I did this while Surveyor is paused. I figured out some of the words, since I don't speak Polish, and I was able to populate the fields okay.

What layer are you placing them?

I placed the assets on the route layer and edited them on the route layer.

Hi,

You can download my station and check to solve the problem.
Layers don't solve the problem.

1. The board next to the train station can be edited.
2. The board at the railway station cannot be edited

Why ?
Why if I put an object in an object, the array can no longer be edited?

Station Platform
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XBKVXo4aDuDSJBWFU8eozDtEw9TrY_FW?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sz51z9AlJ0x4tNON1YUmkyE9KED23MQi?usp=share_link

Last edited:
Hi,

You can download my station and check to solve the problem.
Layers don't solve the problem.

1. The board next to the train station can be edited.
2. The board at the railway station cannot be edited

Why ?
Why if I put an object in an object, the array can no longer be edited?

Station Platform
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XBKVXo4aDuDSJBWFU8eozDtEw9TrY_FW?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sz51z9AlJ0x4tNON1YUmkyE9KED23MQi?usp=share_link

Sebastian, your link to your Station Platform is broken, otherwise I would test it.

I was able to get this to work with a single station without issue. Is it possible that the other station components are interfering with the station signs, or rather your mouse pointer so that you cannot edit the signs?

If this is the case, then the only solution is to use a layer to lock or hide the station objects you do not want to modify. Once you have edited the station signs, you can unhide the station.

station boards

Okay John, I try with layers

Please give me the name or kuid of the station you mentioned
on which this board works

all links work for me :)

I also pay attention to the fact that in Trainz12 there is no problem with this board at any station

best regards
Sebastian

Last edited:
Okay John, I try with layers

Please give me the name or kuid of the station you mentioned
on which this board works

all links work for me :)

I also pay attention to the fact that in Trainz12 there is no problem with this board at any station

best regards
Sebastian

Here's the station I tried. This is a single platform station.

<kuid2:60850:22007:3> Station Platforms 01 130m VSR

I placed two station signs on the same platform and named them different from each other. I also tried with the program paused and not paused they worked both ways.

Many things changed since TS12. This could be something like the sensitivity of the mouse in the area, etc., not something we can do much about. I've noticed that the camera requires some different positioning to be able to select things. This is where layers help because it allows you to lock or hide the things you don't want to disturb or get in the way of everything else.

I'll try the links again. They are different now in the quote than how they are in the post above without the blue-color to indicate a link. I don't know why.

I just downloaded the station. What are these assets that are missing?

<kuid:824249:9952>
<kuid:824249:9951>
<kuid:824249:9953>
<kuid:824249:9955>
<kuid:824249:9956>

Last edited:
Platform station

The station is not ready yet but I am happy to share my latest build with you

In the link there is Platform station rev2 together with the board
Later today, I will put the plaques on the poles and permanent ones and give you an update.

I will work very hard to get these boards up and running at this station and so that they can be installed at other stations in the future as well.

Sebastian

This worked fine for me as well.

I had to lock the station in place though in order to arrange and edit the platform signs in place due to the station getting in the way. I did this by creating a layer called HOLD !!! and locking that layer. I went back to the route-layer, because the program likes to remain on the recently created layer and I got the properties on the station and moved that to the HOLD !!! layer. I went back to the route-layer.

Once locked I was able to position the platform signs and update the information as I needed.

I see nothing wrong with the model or the operation other than quirky Trainz being Trainz and the mouse selecting the wrong object.

The station and platform information signs are very nicely done and will make a great addition to Trainz.

Back