Problems with paste from Album...

Kacperkgl

I messed up one place on the map, and I copy it to the album from the previous version of the map and what.... in this new one I can't paste it. ;/ The paste option is greyed out. Where am I making a mistake?

I think I'm following the tutorial. I mark it, copy it, save it in the album. But I can't paste it anymore, even though I see it in the album. It's the same for other places. It doesn't matter if I change the map or not. Paste option is gray...

Many thanks for everyone from N3V for support with this problem. Probably situations is on only in Steam Version of TrainzPlus!

The same steps done in T+ (buil: 119450) work, but in T+ (build: 119442) they don't. We will wait for help and answers on this topic?

You, I can confirm. The problem seems to be related only to the Stream version, where scrapbooks appear to be broken. We checked the issue together in 3 people: two people with Stream build 119442, and one with 119450 (me). We did a similar test: put a couple of trees or something, select them, Ctrl+C, and then trying to paint. Result:

- 119450: works as a dream
- 119442: does not work

We also confirmed that painting with built-in scrapbooks works. The problem is only with custom scrapbooks.

Last edited:
I believe the issue is a bug with non-English language editions (that was found just after the release). Try changing to English and see if that resolves the problem.

Thanks, we will check that. Indeed, I was doing the test on 119450 and English language, whereas the others who were testing 119442, used Polish language version. So this may be the case that we mistook for Steam/non-Steam version.

Hello Tony.
I also have this problem on steam 119442 Polish language version, so I switched to English like you said and scrapbooks works. But... as a curiosity: If you try to use scrapbooks, which you earlier made on Polish version they still don't work, but now if you make new scrapbooks they work of course.

I believe the issue is a bug with non-English language editions (that was found just after the release). Try changing to English and see if that resolves the problem.

Seriously? First, the Polish language version is not a translation, but a piece of ****. And it seems in the official version of the game, not in some alpha or beta, and now it turns out that something does not work in a version other than English.

If I hadn't started asking myself in many places, we would never have found out.

This is not funny. You know about the error, you do nothing about it, you know about the embarrassing version of the translation - silence.

Personally, I am angry and embarrassed. At this point, TrainzPlus is unusable for me, because I can't use all the tools in the Polish version. And the English version is unusable for me - because I don't understand everything. The Polish version was easier even though, as I said, it's an embarrassing joke about Polish speakers.

And the translation from TRS19 was ready, and that's good, it was enough to explain the Surveyor 2.0 options ...

Everythink only about 7USD monthly....

I have two things. As a computer programmer, I don't like the language like "piece of sh***" regarding someone else's work in progress and I don't want to be engaged in such discussions, especially if I was engaged in helping you finding the cause and diagnozing the problem. Surveyor 2.0 is a work-in-progress (even in the translation part), and you get an early access to it. It's not a finished tool, bugs are expected and this is exactly why it is not yet released to the general public. Even if something did not work out, there are better ways of expressing that.

Translations are made by the community. Hiring translators to 16 languages takes time and costs a lot of $$$, the game would likely be even more expensive than it is now. The default translation is unfortunately a machine translation, and I also don't like this fact. I raised doubts a year ago about using the machine translations, that it would be a bigger obstacle than leaving a partially - but correctly - translated game. I translated 10% of the game a year ago, but withdrew after some of my texts got overridden with the machine output and the tool did not offer any visiblity to track the progress, etc. I also did not know S20 tool well at that time, so even if I did not withdraw, the translation wouldn't be better anyway. But right now, I fixed a lot of messages related to Surveyor 2.0, and some other parts of the game, so hopefully after the new SP, things will get much better.

Last edited:
Back