Missing Spline

If you can identify the spline (its KUID number) and the build number of your current version of Trainz, it would help a lot.

I agree with pware. If you tell us the name and KUID of the asset, we most likely can direct you to where it may be located whether that be DLS or elsewhere. In the event that it's totally missing there is the procedure outlined below. This might be a bit advanced for you, but this is the way to replace the missing spline with something else.

Fixing White Splines...

I got this a while back from James Moody.

The dashed white lines isn't "a missing asset" - it's the asset that Trainz turns to when it can't find the asset it is supposed to draw there. These white lines are, in themselves, an asset. You can find this asset in CM. It's called "Missing spline", and it's by Rob. Open it for edit. Change the KUID from <kuid:523:1124> to <kuid2:523:1124:1>, and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0") Then install that asset as if it were a new asset - e.g. drag the folder from windows explorer back onto the CM interface. Once it's installed, revert the original one (you can't commit changes to it as it's a built-in asset). Result: The dashed white lines now show up in the menu and can be selected just like any other track spline. You could lay some down if you wanted. More to the point, you can now use the 'replace items' tool to change them to any track spline you have installed...

I will add this. When you install the folder, use the install content option. This will save so much time. Also don't panic when the creator is shown as AURAN. I hope this helps someone.

Notes:

<kuid2:523:1124:1> ==== Update from <kuid2:523:1124:2> to <kuid2:523:1124:3> for T:ANE and up. All other procedures apply.

Need to change .texture file using PEV's Images2TGA.

Thank Guys, I figured out what happened. A few days back I was working on the route and we had a brown out, trainz crashed and I got the message Windows couldn't completely save all the files. I restarted the program and continued building for a few hours before I noticed the white lines. So for instance where I had a road or power lines, section were ok then there would be sections with the broken lines.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

alpha1

Hi John, I tried the solution unfortunately it wouldn't work for me. The asset "missing spline" saved as modified faulty. The error was old build number not supported. I'm running ts22 build 117655.

Thanks,
alpha777

Hi John, still having a problem, I finally was able modify the missing asset spline successfully. The splines were for scenery not track so I changed the "istrack" to 0. My problem is although Missing Spline shows up for selection you only get the spline points, no broken white lines so with bulk asset replacements you go through the motions but nothing changes and also if it was to work, because I have more than one asset affected would all missing splines change to the asset that I use to replace with? I need rescuing PLEASE! I am not sure if I used the PEV to correctly.

Regards,
alpha777

Hi John, I tried the solution unfortunately it wouldn't work for me. The asset "missing spline" saved as modified faulty. The error was old build number not supported. I'm running ts22 build 117655.

Thanks,
alpha777

Since you did'nt provide the kuid of the asset, I will make this guess.

The error you describe is for this tag in the config.txt file;

trainz-build 3.5 (or TS12)

Your asset must have a 'trainz-build' number of 3.5 or higher, or it will be very hard to find anyone to help. Read this Trainz Wiki page for the top level container for this asset type. KIND Track;

[url]https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Track[/URL]

Hope this helps

Back