'trainzland.ru'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktain.ny

Can someone explain to me why there are literally hundreds of payware assets from creators like Steve Lerro and Norfolksouthern37 uploaded to 'trainzland.ru'? Does no one know about this? I've never heard it mentioned here, it seems like a lot of people would not appreciate their stuff being thrown up for download on that site... JR club car stuff is on there, and a whole bunch of their other content too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain to me why there are literally hundreds of payware assets from creators like Steve Lerro and Norfolksouthern37 uploaded to 'trainzland.ru'? Does no one know about this? I've never heard it mentioned here, it seems like a lot of people would not appreciate their stuff being thrown up for download on that site... JR club car stuff is on there, and a whole bunch of their other content too.

in the current climate, good luck on trying to get that site taken down, a lot of us know about it , in fact if you type in almost any missing kuid you end up there, its very handy to find freeware that cant be found elsewhere but it should not be mentioned here really, as now people who didnt know about it will do so and you've now unfortunately let us know that we could get payware for nothing from there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Russians are a specific nation (there is no other on this planet). What they don't steal, they don't copy, they don't have. During the current war, software thefts were sanctified by the state.

ivomasek

The Russians are a specific nation (there is no other on this planet). What they don't steal, they don't copy, they don't have. During the current war, software thefts were sanctified by the state.

Interesting "observation". So because someone uploaded payware assets (which by the way, will not even work if you don't buy them), you basically blame all Russians, because "what they don't steal, they don't have", that's correct? Because yeah, piracy is exclusive to Russians, right.

And of course you have some proof that it's connected to the "fact" that software theft was sanctified (which isn't totally true on it's own, btw).

Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin has signed a law legalizing the import and sale of intellectual property in the country without the knowledge of rights holders. Just as the war in Ukraine is referred to as a "special operation", the obvious copyright infringement will be referred to as "parallel importation".

Parallel importation means people can basically buy products through dealers and resellers. It's happening all over the world. This has nothing to do with piracy, moreover the idea of legalizing piracy was denied by the government.

I again ask, what does that have to do with trainzland.ru and where's the proof that: A) all Russians are stealers, and B) law of parallel importation is somehow connected to the trainzland piracy. As far as I know, trainzland was out there for years, if not a decade. Take down that site for all I care.

By the way, you started a politics discussion, not me.

Its not right to take out frustrations on our fellow Russian friends. I mentioned this site awhile ago with the exact same title and the same complaint, and the thread was nowhere to be seen the next morning. There is another russian content site that has similar dls items hosted on their site - There is nothing N3V can do about it.

Last edited:
trainzland being a Russian site, there is very little that can be done about it. Folk's who's intellectual property that has been stolen, can request it be taken down; but there a slim chance their request will be granted. A copyright holder could sue, but good luck getting a foreign entity to pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back