Creating Sound Waves

HillbillyHobo

I was wanting to know if we are allowed to create sound waves for boats, planes, animals, etc?

If we are allowed, could someone point me in the right direction on any tutorials, or links?

I am a sound engineer, and I have thousands of sound files, I just need to learn more about the process to put them in a TRS file. :)

Last edited:
hiya Hobo, best to download a few sound files, from the Downloadstation, via Content Manager
and see how the config.txt is made
you can also see which .wav format is used
also plenty info on the Trainz wiki
most used program is Audacity, no doubt you have that

Thanks for the tips everyone. :)

I live near the Blue Ridge Mountains, in the woods. I record my own sounds of animals, trains near me going by, rivers flowing, auto engines running, etc. I use Sonar and Ableton in my studio. I would like to see if I can make the right sounds for the right craft. For example, instead of having a train sound for a boat engine, I want to see if I can create some real boat engine sounds. I wouldn't need to worry about copyrights, if I'm recording them myself.

Thanks for the tips everyone. :)

I live near the Blue Ridge Mountains, in the woods. I record my own sounds of animals, trains near me going by, rivers flowing, auto engines running, etc. I use Sonar and Ableton in my studio. I would like to see if I can make the right sounds for the right craft. For example, instead of having a train sound for a boat engine, I want to see if I can create some real boat engine sounds. I wouldn't need to worry about copyrights, if I'm recording them myself.

You would not need to worry about your own creations, but be carefull when you attach the sound files to the objects that someone else created.

My example for you, these yachts by advance;

<kuid2:102657:80008:2> Pleasure cruiser. Blue with awning. IG39
<kuid2:102657:80010:2> Pleasure cruiser. Blue. No awning. IG39
<kuid2:102657:80012:2> Pleasure cruiser. Green with awning. IG39
<kuid2:102657:80007:2> Pleasure cruiser. Red with awning. IG39
<kuid2:102657:80009:2> Pleasure cruiser. White No awning. IG39
<kuid2:102657:80006:2> Pleasure cruiser. White with awning. IG39

The config.txt file license reads;

Code:
license                                 "One year limited warranty. It is not guaranteed to work after that time nor be error free with any future version of TRS. Use it wherever or however but if you alter it please advise me so I can use it too. Do not alter or use it for profit"

So make a sound for this group, one sound will work for all. Try to contact advance, send him the updates. If you want to put it on the DLS, then the group will all need to be brought up to version 3.5 (TS12), shout back if you need more help

I will always check with a creator, before posting anything to his or her creations on DL.

I just want to see what I am capable of. I want to see if I can learn all about the formulas used for increasing & decreasing sound loops, amount of time the sound loop can be used, changing tones as speeds increase and decrease, etc.

There is definitely more to it than a simple copy & paste. :)

Back