The "shadow pixel" problem

griffinjim

Trainz "Veteran"
I've seen in Trainz 2019 that with the new shadows comes an awful blocky, buggy looking pattern that appears when you're inside the cabins of most locomotives.
WHY?
It's even in the commercials for the game, look at the Liskeard to Looe videos as an example. Is there any way to turn this off? I hope this can be patched out in the next service pack. (if there are any more seeing that TRS22 is already here)
12kzgcmQSabhGLAYTRdAlAdJ3Z_5vnWmaXNcvXOxtOShLRkbCxh-c1oYwZKvpY2L12K_tDzazVYW=s640-c-fcrop64=1,27b90000d846ffff-nd-v1

8U6qMUinZO6BlbDbDT-FteUOyF2jSZubPXrnwUywyzXI_zKT2LKRnsBAorVAEX38IUExu9-evsW6vw=s640-c-fcrop64=1,45270000bad8ffff-nd-v1

griffinjim - Think that pixelated 'shadow' artifact is a result of your Trainz shadows settings.
Try setting Shadow Quality to 'Ultra' and Main shadow resolution to 4096. Any difference? Experiment with 2048 vs 4096 pixel resolutions too...
Might also involve a combo of the shadow quality settings plus Texture Quality settings. I have all of mine set to Ultra and do not see such artifacts.
Quality heavily depends on the performance, VRAM, and capabilities of your GPU. Shadow settings have a big impact on frame-rates, so many people turn the quality settings down a tad, which is mostly ok for driving purposes.
Screenshots, however, demand higher settings be applied to older, less capable graphics cards for best ('static') results.

Sadly Jim, this has been around since the start of TRS19
even people that half work(hired hand) at n3v have complained
link to suggestion box thread
In cabview graphics are treated different, because we see things close-up

So far the only remedy(that I use here) is not use PBR textures inside a cab
a cab can be the most time consuming item a content creator can make
all this work gets nullified seeing those artifacts.

hope there is a solution in the near future

Back