Locked by parent.

Relick

on my own route I keep getting "Locked by parent" when I go to change or delete splines and or trackside objects.

I can some times detete a spline and replace it, but whe going back to chage it again it is "lovked by parent" all I can do then is delete it (s0metimes) and replace, But the "Locked by parent" issue hapens again in my next edit.

I have invested several years in this route of mine and have upgraded it with each new edition of Trainz.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Check your layers. It sounds like you are trying to alter an asset that is attached to something that is on a locked or different layer.

Sorry, when I saw the title of the thread, I thought you meant that your parents have locked access to TRS22. I would have asked them politely to unlock access to TRS22, but then again, I don't share my computer with anyone, except myself.

This message will appear whenever you attempt to edit an asset (particularly splines) in the immediate proximity of an interactive industry asset which has attached track (or road spline, etc.) Such assets have a zone of influence over nearby assets. Multiple Industry New are some of the worst offenders here.
Can be fixed by adding additional spline joins near to the 'parent' asset; deleting the attached rail (or other spline); moving or deleting the offending parent asset; making the desired adjustments you needed to make; and then replacing the industry object/ parent asset and reaffixing it to the track/ road. etc.

Last edited:
This message will appear whenever you attempt to edit an asset (particularly splines) in the immediate proximity of an interactive industry asset which has attached track (or road spline, etc.) Such assets have a zone of influence over nearby assets. Multiple Industry New are some of the worst offenders here.
Can be fixed by adding additional spline joins near to the 'parent' asset; deleting the attached rail (or other spline); moving or deleting the offending parent asset; making the desired adjustments you needed to make; and then replacing the industry object/ parent asset and reaffixing it to the track/ road. etc.

Bridges and Tunnels also have the same effect.

I just encountered that with a level crossing asset. It's for anything that has a built-in track or road.

Sorry, when I saw the title of the thread, I thought you meant that your parents have locked access to TRS22. I would have asked them politely to unlock access to TRS22, but then again, I don't share my computer with anyone, except myself.

Love your sense of Humour. My 132 year old Father gets annoyed with my playing game on my PC...lol:hehe:

Thanks for the info.:)

I am experiencing "locked by parent" in my route. I have no layers locked. The route is all on one layer.
What do the folks at Auran/N3V say how to correct this item.
John (NWHY6).

I am experiencing "locked by parent" in my route. I have no layers locked. The route is all on one layer.
What do the folks at Auran/N3V say how to correct this item.
John (NWHY6).
This has nothing to do with layers. The issue is the track spline located within a fixed-track object such as a grade crossing, or special track objects such as bridges, tunnels, and stations.

The way to connect to the track on a bridge , for example, is to drag a connection to the bridge or crossing rather than attempt to connect to it directly. When you drag the track close enough, it'll snap to the bridge.

Back