Locked By Parent

Fierogt87

Addicted to TranzDEM
I cant attach a road to an intersection because "Locked By Parent". WTH does this mean? I just placed the intersection, and just placed the road. All on the same, visible, unlocked layer...

JrS9Qs4.png

Locked by Parent i have figured out happens when you have two different Splines that are not Compatible with each other that causes it to be locked by parent. Had the same thing happen yesterday while working on a route and also several times in the past and have ignored it when it happens...

Locked by parent is referring to the fixed-track/road object. You can't drag a road connection from the intersection and need to connect the road spline to the road intersection. This is the same with adding tracks to railroad crossings, stations, and other fixed-track objects.

Locked by Parent i have figured out happens when you have two different Splines that are not Compatible with each other that causes it to be locked by parent. Had the same thing happen yesterday while working on a route and also several times in the past and have ignored it when it happens...

well, there is only one spline. I made a new route and connected these same two assets with no problem.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Back