Outsmart content managers?

Astronom

Hello people,
is there a way to trick the content manager?
I have translated the text of a HTML text box into German. Unfortunately the Content Manager does not accept the changes.
I hope there is a way, then I could translate all other text boxes too.

Greetings

If you are going to use foreign language texts in HTML popup messages, the easiest way may be to use the string-table method which has language specific tags. For example:-

PHP:
 kuid                                    <kuid:-16:2030>
 kind                                    "behavior"
 script                                  "behaviour"
 class                                   "ControlTypeRule"
 icon-texture                            "control_type.texture"
 asset-filename                          "ControlTypeRule"

username                                "Control Type"
 username-fr                             "Type de contrôle"
 username-de                             "Control Type"

string-table
 {
   html_description1                     "Current control method is <a href=live://property/control-method>Cab mode</a>."
   html_description2                     "Current control method is <a href=live://property/control-method>DCC mode</a>."
   html_description3                     "Current control method is <a href=live://property/control-method>Ask user</a>."
   driver_default_msg                    "Defaulting to DCC mode for user train."
   description                           "Set the control method (DCC mode or Cab mode) and realism."
 }

string-table-fr
 {
   html_description1                     "Méthode de contrôle actuelle : <a href=live://property/control-method>mode Cabine</a>."
   html_description2                     "Méthode de contrôle actuelle : <a href=live://property/control-method>mode DCC</a>."
   html_description3                     "Méthode de contrôle actuelle : <a href=live://property/control-method>Demander à l'utilisateur</a>."
   driver_default_msg                    "Activation par défaut du mode DCC pour le train de l'utilisateur."
   description                           "Permet de sélectionner la méthode de contrôle (mode DCC ou Cabine) et le niveau de réalisme."
 }

string-table-de
 {
   html_description1                     "Aktuelle Steuerung ist <a href=live://property/control-method>Führerstandsmodus</a>."
   html_description2                     "Aktuelle Steuerung ist <a href=live://property/control-method>Trafo-Modus</a>."
   html_description3                     "Aktuelle Steuerung ist <a href=live://property/control-method>Benutzer fragen</a>."
   driver_default_msg                    "Zurück zum Trafo-Modus für den Zug des Benutzers."
   description                           "Steuerungs-Methode (Trafo- oder Führerstands-Modus) und Realismus auswählen."
 }

The above example, using English, French and German, is taken from the Trainz Wiki page at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Localize_an_Asset

Thank you for your answers.
However, I do not understand the first one at all.
It is wrong that a program is sold which is advertised as multilingual but is not so!
The second answer exceeds my skills in this area absolutely.
I assume then once that one must accept the English texts so.
However, the game enjoyment goes down to zero if you have to translate the instructions and info on a second PC with a translation tool.

Greetings

However, I do not understand the first one at all.

PerRock is asking if CM is giving you error messages when you submit your edited HTML messages. Without knowing exactly what the problem is makes it very difficult or even impossible to offer any advice.

It is wrong that a program is sold which is advertised as multilingual but is not so!

It is multilingual. Trainz supports 19 different languages.

There are special language specific HTML tags recognised by the Trainz minibrowser. These are detailed in the Trainz Wiki page at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Localize_an_Asset

To PerRock:
I have translated the kuid2:605579:100060:9 - Shortline RR HTML into German.
If one gives the instruction Apply changes, the error message occurs:
Not authorized to apply changes to kuid2:605579:100060:9.

To pware:
As I mentioned before, I lack the knowledge to perform such operations.

Greetings

To PerRock:
I have translated the kuid2:605579:100060:9 - Shortline RR HTML into German.
If one gives the instruction Apply changes, the error message occurs:
Not authorized to apply changes to kuid2:605579:100060:9.

That is probably because you are not authorized to make changes to an asset that you have not created. 605579 is the KUID code for hiawathamr, the actual creator. Your KUID code is 906621. You will need to clone the asset first so that it will be classified as your asset. But, since the original is not yours, you will need permission from hiawathamr before you can upload it to the DLS or anywhere else - a copyright issue.

To pware:
As I mentioned before, I lack the knowledge to perform such operations.

When I started out using Trainz, I lacked the knowledge and skills to create anything. I solved that problem by studying what others have done and by learning how assets are created. Since then I have mastered creating non-environmental textures (over 400 of them), region assets and HTML assets. I have learned how to modify and reskin (with permission from the original creators) fixed scenery assets, bridges, rolling stock assets and create TurfFX and Clutter assets.

It takes time, a lot of patience and some effort. There is a large number of Trainz Wiki Pages (at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo) that can help and then there is the Trainz Forum users.

Try it out. Creating your own assets and learning new skills in the process is very satisfying.

Thank you for the comprehensive comments.
As you could certainly see from my post, my problem is the English language.
I don't know of any tutorials that are written in German.
Also, it is not my intention to tamper with someone else's work.
Which is why my only option now is to return to my previously used simulator.
Here I will also have to accept that it is only compatible with Windows.
But this manco cancels itself out, because everything was delivered as described. So among other things also completely in German.

Greetings

Back