Question on TurfFX in Surveyor issue

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
When applying TurfFX in Surveyor. When you click the Select area 'B' button, how do you turn it off. I clicked on it, and tried pressing the 'B' with no effect. The only way that I can find is to exit Surveyor and then go back in to edit. Here is a picture of the button found under Topology - Select area

_fill bug.JPG

EDIT: I am using TRS19 SP5 build 5.0 - 116678, Surveyor 1.0, PC

Last edited:
I just tried it out (I had not yet used the effect layers in SP5).

To turn off the Area Fill tool (the "B") you select one of the 3 top topology tools - that at least is what worked for me in Trainz Plus SP5 and has always worked previously in TRS19 and TANE.

I also just noticed that in Trainz Plus there are now 4 tools at the bottom, the extra one is the Bulk Fill Effect Layer (no corresponding letter key). I have seen this mentioned in the forums but had no idea where it was until now (but it should have been obvious to me - DUH). It brings up the Bulk Asset Update/Replace dialogue window to fill a selected area (select within the window, not with the "B" tool) with the specified effect. It also provides more options than the "B" fill tool.

So answering your question (hopefully) has solved a question of my own.

When applying TurfFX in Surveyor. When you click the Select area 'B' button, how do you turn it off. I clicked on it, and tried pressing the 'B' with no effect. The only way that I can find is to exit Surveyor and then go back in to edit. Here is a picture of the button found under Topology - Select area

EDIT: I am using TRS19 SP5 build 5.0 - 116678, Surveyor 1.0, PC

To turn off the effects layer, change the effects layer to ground.

Back