Any LNER or LINER'ish routes available?

STLSF4003

Or anything to run Caledonian equipment on?

Edh6 seems to have both company's pretty well represented in terms of motive power It's just that I'm having a hard time finding a proper route to run them on.

I've already tried Driver_col's Rosworth Val V2 and no offense to Col, but the route didn't really click with me.

Some of the Rosworth Vale versions that are around can be usefully converted to northern representations of either the LNER or LMS or even early BR as I've done it myself, but it can be a lot of work. Otherwise nothing really comes to mind at present. The Caley went to the LMS after the grouping and not the LNER by the way.

The question is which on to use? last I checked, there were 171 results for Rosworth Vale on the DLS, and all of them (besides Col v2) look the same.

Also I just through the Caley in as an alterative should there be nothing for the LNER.

The question is which on to use? last I checked, there were 171 results for Rosworth Vale on the DLS, and all of them (besides Col v2) look the same.

Also I just through the Caley in as an alterative should there be nothing for the LNER.

Yes there's acres of Trainz Mobile version junk when it comes to Rosworth Vale, - it's best to leave those alone. N3V thought it was a good idea to let mobile users save their game to the DLS. Need I say it wasn't a very good idea at all.

If you have a search about you'll find plenty of LNER specific assets.

Hi STLSF4003,

You could try "Fort William to Mallaig" for a route. I have modified it quite a bit for my own use, added turntables and sorted the track etc. but have not tried to get permission to upload it. Afraid I have deleted the original so don't have the original kuid number But look for Nawlins or tmz06003 I am pretty sure they were the original authors.

Cheers,
Bill69.

Found it on the DLS. KUID2:117948:100422:2 by Nawlins, modernised version.

Cheers.

Last edited:
There's also Somewhere Scotland by evilcrow, which is a pretty-well detailed Mainline and Branchline Route.

Back