Trainz 2004 Trailer?

griffinjim

Trainz "Veteran"
I remember going onto YouTube and seeing a trailer made for Trainz 2004. Was there one ever made by Auran?
The video got taken down around 2016.

(And no, I'm not confusing it wit the Trainz 2006 trailer with the funky music)

It took me a while to find it, but here's one I made for 2004. Back then it looked OK, but it looks just awful in T:ANE. The best thing I can say about it now is that you wouldn't mistake it for a goat.
I can let it go real cheap and with a little TLC, it would make a fine rental home.
A-trailer-made-for-Trainz-2004.--It-looks-just-awful-in-T%3AANE.jpg

Last edited:
It took me a while to find it, but here's one I made for 2004. Back then it looked OK, but it looks just awful in T:ANE. The best thing I can say about it now is that you wouldn't mistake it for a goat.
I can let it go real cheap and with a little TLC, it would make a fine rental home.
A-trailer-made-for-Trainz-2004.--It-looks-just-awful-in-T%3AANE.jpg

It looks okay, but he wasn't talking about that trailer

I meant as in a video trailer.

nice trailer though lol

Ah, that one shown and double-wide can't be all that bad. I've seen worse while driving down the backroads in New Hampshire and Maine.

Don't knock the low resolution. These are great for background objects that don't need all the super details and we don't want to blink away due to LOD.

Back to topic. I actually remember seeing that trailer. It piqued my interest enough to wait for TRS2004 to come out when I saw it on www.auran.com. Previously, I was a frustrated MSTS user that wanted something with more reliability and easier to use. The MSTS Activity builder used to crash if I looked at it the wrong way and I went looking for something else. It so happened that I had Paint Shed for MSTS and I went over to www.auran.com to see what was up. I tried the older version demo, but my crappy ATI 8500 wouldn't run it. After replacing that video card, I inquired again and saw the new trailer. I was excited and waited until it arrived at CompUSA.

I took the plunge in December 2003 just after Christmas. I even had the receipt for the longest time, but I ended up tossing it because over the intervening years it became a completely blank piece of paper. I don't know what made me keep that one, but probably it was me being scatterbrained and not throwing it away. Little did I know then what I was getting into.

Last edited:
Funny. My MSTS to TRS connection was a pack of rolling stock on CD made by Auran for MSTS.

It was really just a quick and dirty port of their rolling stock. I distinctly remember that the wheels did NOT turn in MSTS, unlike its native Rolling Stock, and thinking rather unflatering things about Auran as a result.

Never the less I remembered them when MSTS started getting long in the tooth and unsupported.

I gave them a try, and it's been a love hate relationship ever since. :)

Back