Recommended PC specs?

ColPrice2002

Is there a minimum and recommended set of PC specs for this version?

My system runs TS19 quite happily, but will it run TS22 without losing performance?

Colin

About 3/4 of the way down the page at https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2022 you will find:-

Minimum Specs

Windows PCApple Mac
Operating SystemWindows 7 64-BitMacOS X 11.6 or higher
CPUIntel I/AMD K10 Series 3GHz 64Bit ProcessorIntel i5 3Ghz
Memory4GB RAM4GB RAM
GraphicsNVIDIA GT 430 or better/ AMD ATI 5550 or betterRadeon Pro 555 with 1GB VRAM supporting OpenGL 3.3
Disk Space30GB Free Space30GB Free Space
GeneralWin 8 and Win 10 also supported.
Requires an internet connection for initial authorisation and additional online services.
Requires an internet connection for initial authorisation and additional online services.

Of course, the more you exceed the minimum, the better performance you will get.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that my PC is above minimum, but I wasn't sure if there would be a performance hit in going from TS19 to TS22 - normally a newer engine/feature set requires more computig/graphics resources.

Colin

If TRS2019 requires 50GB free space, so looks like TRS2022 is probably similar to TANE because they have the same 30GB free space requirement. I have Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 installed in my computer since January 2019, so hopefully my machine can handle that like it does with TANE. I'm just someone who just skipped buying TRS19 and I'm just thinking of maybe trying TRS22.

I might only worry about recording with OBS without slowing down and the ability to remove built-in routes which are just different questions for different threads.

Disk or SSD requirement given is the minimum I'd say. Actual requirements depend on how much content you want to have. My TS22 app install folder is 21GB but userdata folder is zero up to ???? GB (whatever you desire.) During the install you'll need more than 21 GB for overhead I suspect. So I'd take 30GB as the requirement just to get TS22 working with a few routes. I have an install that has 300GB of routes and assets which represents a mere 80-90 Routes both Payware and Freeware. So it depends on how much content you want to be able to have.

Last edited:
Back