No Loco in Driver

jukeboxblues

Driver Tom
Well I've been doing this simulation since TRS2004 and I'm baffled by this TRS2019 Driver app. At first I tried to Quick Drive my route I'm building. Driver opens up and there is no train. I zoom out and find the train at the edge of the map, zoom in and click on camera control and then chase.

There is no control knob and the keyboard W-S-C doesn't work.

So I exit and click Quick Drive on one of the pre-installed routes. It opens with me looking around in the middle of the route, no consist in sight. I click on the camera control drop-down and then click on Chase and nothing happens. No driver instructions pop-up, no control dial, nothing.

Have things changed so much since TRS12 that I'm not doing this right or do I need to reinstall the game?

Please excuse my ineptitude as I tend to get dumber with age. Thanks.

Yes I did.
I thought that the built-in routes were all ready to go. I guess I'll try a re-install.

I tried to download my TRS2012 from the MyTrainz page, also. The main installation 'setup" file downloaded but the other 5 set-up files would not. Don't know what's up with all of that.

Pretty sure you don't need to do a re-install, it's simply different from a version 9 years old! Also depends which version of TRS19 given there are effectively 4! You may need to click on edit trains to actually add one, but I never use quick drive so not exactly sure. Suggest you create a session instead.

You're right; reinstalling did not help. But another problem has presented itself: the game opens in a window without the usually maximize/minimize button in the top right corner. And yes, I did tick the box next to full screen in the launcher's Settings menu. I'm starting to remember why I haven't played with this for so long...:)

Back