InstantMoveTrain - can't find

boleyd

I can see InstantMoveTrain in the database and it shows installed. However, I can't bring up the function in any menu within the program. I must be not looking someplace but I thought I tried everywhere. Looking for an embarrassing answer....:eek:

I am using InstantMoveTrain as the target.

No Embarassing answer Dick.
If you download it from the DLS, it could be faulty , check your CM
to fix it, open it for edit, open the "instantmovetrainschedulecommand.gs" in notepad
go to line 20 and change it to this: // include "Asyncobjectsearch.gs"
I added 2 slashes, maybe Pitkin can fix and reupload

To use it after the fix:
-place a few trackmarks named "MOVETRAIN_0" till "...19"
-In Session Edit mode, add it to the driver commands, its a tunnel/portal like pic
-now you can use it in a schedule or as a command when driving

the error is caused by someone, that changed the base code scripts, when we went from TANE to TRS19
Pitkin can't see in the future no blame to him :)

Edit: just tested all I wrote above and it works, but.....
I had a consist with 2 end cars rotated 180, so it needs some work in the script for those to work (in TRS19) will look into it if Pitkin won't

Last edited:
just as info.. I installed it yesterday (build 4.5 - from DLS/Content Manager) <kuid:121843:100602> and it worked fine (but I didn't check for rotated cars) without any edits - though when viewing I didn't see the "include" that you show above.

Last edited:
Maybe an older version was in my cache here and if anyone has that it will not show or show as faulty
anyway its a great command, lets see if Dick gets it working :)

That's strange, - I downloaded it a month ago and I've been using it in TRS19 SP3 to replace some buggy portal operations on my layouts. It works fine whether simply to turn a complete train around from end to end or to send it 40 miles away to the other side of the layout.

I have used this in my route in build 114800 and it worked fine. I did a new install of build 116313 an also have TRS22 build 116492. In these builds it moves the camera to the engine coming out of the move track mark. I am not sure why it is doing these. If I may running a train manually at the other end of the route and it moves me here, the other train could be in trouble. Anyone else noticing these.

Man, that was fast, and it worked like it should. Thank you. I hope you put it on the DLS so when someone downloads my route, they will get this. Thank you

I have used this in my route in build 114800 and it worked fine. I did a new install of build 116313 an also have TRS22 build 116492. In these builds it moves the camera to the engine coming out of the move track mark. I am not sure why it is doing these. If I may running a train manually at the other end of the route and it moves me here, the other train could be in trouble. Anyone else noticing these.

I have noticed the same thing on SP3 and SP4 on different routes. It must be some kind of "feature". I usually have my manual trains in positions 1 ~ 7, so CTRL 1(...7) gets me right back to what I was doing.

I have noticed the same thing on SP3 and SP4 on different routes. It must be some kind of "feature". I usually have my manual trains in positions 1 ~ 7, so CTRL 1(...7) gets me right back to what I was doing.

That is the way I programmed the original version. Like most everything in life, it has it plusses and minuses. I believe G.M. removed that behavior in a newer version that he released.

HI G.M.
Was wandering if you had any progress in fixing the camera in this asset. It is not as important as the first fix but would be nice. I do not see this released to the DL yet.
Thanks again
Carl

not ready yet Carl, found the function i want to use, but the "cure" should not be worse than the "problem' :)

Hi GM,

May I recall to you the problem with the V2 version, not being able ro use the trackmark Movetrain_11, once more the 10 trackmaks are used.

Greetz

Think I made the repairs/changes

-Removed all Async search stuff, no need for that to get 1 trackmark
and it gave errors with the naming, it treated MOVETRAIN_1 the same as MOVETRAIN_10
making 1 impossible. (ty Frank)
-Before camera moves focus, a check if there is a target, if we are in roaming view, we have no target
so the camera will not change focus.

here is InstantMoveTrain2 beta v3
kuid is the same, remove old, install new
Should work in all versions of TANE and TRS19/22
please test it, ty

Thanks! I especially like the fact that it still has the same KUID so I don't have to change all my session driver setups. Much appreciated!!!

Think I made the repairs/changes

-Removed all Async search stuff, no need for that to get 1 trackmark
and it gave errors with the naming, it treated MOVETRAIN_1 the same as MOVETRAIN_10
making 1 impossible. (ty Frank)
-Before camera moves focus, a check if there is a target, if we are in roaming view, we have no target
so the camera will not change focus.

here is InstantMoveTrain2 beta v3
kuid is the same, remove old, install new
Should work in all versions of TANE and TRS19/22
please test it, ty
Thanks again G.M. It works fine. Can you release it to the DL now?

Back