Rarely do I complain...but [portal problem]

valbridge

Rail Tragic
I am totally over this portal problem!

No matter whether I use basic short/long or whatever nothing works as it should, and has done. What on earth is causing trains to split and wander wherever they please? Now I seem unable to use portal manager, even with a single loco, to emit more than one train anywhere on the route. Consists simply do not emit no matter what I do. I have used portals for a long time and am not doing anything differently where they worked in the past. What is wrong with this and why cant it get fixed?

Yep, I am having a rant.
Right now I am at the point of dumping TRS19 and considering using nothing but T:ANE.
C'mon NV3 get your act together and fix this issue.

An angry and frustrated.
Val.

hi Val,
no use to get angry over Trainz.
The only way N3v seems to repair anything, is if you send in a detailed bug report
The portal issue they know and is worse in SP3 because of the changed physics.
quite sure it will be ok in the next build SP3 fix or SP4

I choose not to get angry, it's a waste of my energy,
Simply use a version of Trainz that has the least amount of bugs and enjoy that,
in my case build 100240 Euro version.
greetings GM

Last edited:
hi Val,
no use to get angry over Trainz.
The only way N3v seems to repair anything, is if you send in a detailed bug report
The portal issue they know and is worse in SP3 because of the changed physics.
quite sure it will be ok in the next build SP3 fix or SP4
greetings GM

Yes, I know GM and agree anger/frustration simply negative and resolve nothing. My knee jerk reaction to session building from a current route I am working on.
Got over the quick portal 'emit' issue by deleting the session and starting over.
Usually I am fairly patient but this portal breaking consists issue seems to be taking forever to fix.

Emotion now calmed... :)

Last edited:
I understand your frustrations Val about route building.
I have temporarily stopped developing my WIP routes that have portals until the issue is fixed.

I still have plenty of Trainz jobs to be getting on with! :D

I gave up being angry about Trainz problems a while back, not good for the health of an oldie like me.

There are some known issues with portals at the moment in TRS19 SP3. I wonder if that issue is affecting other software that relies on them. The problem, however, in this case is this is third-party software and N3V doesn't provide support for it and only does for the products they create. With luck and a lot of hope, this may resolve its self with the update. (Wishing loudly and obviously to all the stars that will listen, and hopefully they'll grant our wishes).

As far as being frustrated, you can add me to the club. I've all but given up driving until whenever. I'm tired of seeing perfectly good working sessions that worked for years in previous versions fall down completely. I even went as far as rebuilding them from scratch, meaning deleting the session and redo by placing consists and setting up schedules in a new version of a session. The problems, even after the rebuild, are still there. It's not like I do fancy stuff either. My sessions are much at home in TRS2004 as they are in TRS19 (if '19 worked). It beats me why the drivers skip stations, stare at signals, speed up and do other annoying things that eventually make the chaotic mess into a big pile of spital, and I'm say that nicely for the G-rated forum

I've come to the conclusion that the drivers have learned from Groucho Marx and his band of brothers and act accordingly.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE I've come to the conclusion that the drivers have learned from Grouch Marx and his band of brothers and act accordingly.[/QUOTE]

Hey John, yes Groucho certainly comes to mind as a current driver. I think the other driver who refused to show his face was a green leprechaun not tall enough to reach the controls.

Definitely a leprechaun, or perhaps I thought too that they go for a bit more than tea and coffee while on breaks.

Hi Val,

I am having portal problems where the train comes out on the layer the portal is on. In other words if my portal was set to the industry layer the train would come out on the industry layer. So I set my portal to session layer and quit having the problems. I reported this as a bug and went though the N3V testing and they say they are getting to work on fixing it. The portal manager is another story. I have all the dev bug identifiers checked and every once in a while I get an ESVlib2.gs error and I cant get anything on the portal manager to work. I run a database rebuild and then it works again.

Hopefully this will help you some

Youz guyz need to stop diss'n leprechauns and Marx Bro. You don't think their feelinzs can be hurt?

Today's plus beta release reports some fixes to derails out of portals so maybe there's a brighter portal future?

• Fix - Portals - reversed locos cause coupler break

Back