Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The lost features in TRS19

Quote Originally Posted by QR1408 View Post
    One feature that's changed is Content Search. Now you have to use Crtl +Shft + F to open and close this , very clunky. Some of the changes just seem to be change for the sake of change, not necessity.
    Tried looking at the keyboard shortcut settings for search? I set the alternative to Ctrl Shift F as F8 dead simple, one key press.
    Malc

Yeah, but why was it changed in the first place?
    Trainz New Era.....SSDD

Blog Entries

Yeah, but why was it changed in the first place?
    I guess it's just the way Trainz is going. Each new build that comes out is getting less and less user friendly, i.e. more clicks or keyboard use to do anything, and more and more functions hidden in sub-menus.

Just my observations.
    Bill69
    If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
    Start with a small country.

United States of America, WA, Spokane Valley

It is common to use CTRL+F to search. (Firefox, Notepad++, and others.) This would make more sense to me.
    Jamie C.

Blog Entries

One feature that's changed is Content Search. Now you have to use Crtl +Shft + F to open and close this , very clunky. Some of the changes just seem to be change for the sake of change, not necessity.
    No, Ctrl + F has always opened the search window for named objects (station names, industries, etc). The Ctrl + Shift + F was a more recent addition that opened an asset filter for all the assets, for bookmarks and for picklists. There was no previous equivalent in earlier Trainz versions. I am quite happy with both.
    Last edited by pware; May 16th, 2021 at 01:51 AM. Reason: spelung erors
    TRS19 Plus build 111951 and build 113142

2004-2019 Surveyor Ctrl-F opens the Find dialog,
    has: wide borders, resizable, floating, remembers location, X to close

2019 Surveyor Ctrl-Shift-F opens a combo Filter/Location bookmarks/Picklist
    has: narrow borders, not resizable, fixed location, no X-to close
    Could be handy to have it floating, or as a tab on the right side right under the trains selection
    reduces mouse movement (and can be opened by mouse then)

The moment people start customizing (keyboard shortcuts) often the default was not well chosen.
    not sure if P(picklist) or plain F, are used in Surveyor.

The 10 location bookmarks I loved in the older top menu bar (another Lost feature then)

What I dislike in TS2019 is the cycling through driver mode options rather than as previously, be able to combine manual driver mode with access to the commands. For instance, I used to be able to manually drive a coal train to a siding then click a command such as Instant unload and then continue driving the loco. Now I have to stop the train, cycle through to Ai then select the command. To continue driving I have to cycle yet again to manual. It was so convenient before. I am tempted to think whoever changed this never actually operated Trainz! For me this is a step backwards, so much so that for some of my routes I have gone back to driving them in TANE! I also have found that creating a route in TANE is slicker with the icons than the menu options or combined 3 key presses. I wonder if someone is really listening to all the comments!

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire View Post
    What I dislike in TS2019 is the cycling through driver mode options rather than as previously, be able to combine manual driver mode with access to the commands. For instance, I used to be able to manually drive a coal train to a siding then click a command such as Instant unload and then continue driving the loco. Now I have to stop the train, cycle through to Ai then select the command. To continue driving I have to cycle yet again to manual. It was so convenient before. I am tempted to think whoever changed this never actually operated Trainz! For me this is a step backwards, so much so that for some of my routes I have gone back to driving them in TANE! I also have found that creating a route in TANE is slicker with the icons than the menu options or combined 3 key presses. I wonder if someone is really listening to all the comments!
    Yup. Not using the product is my hunch.

Also why stop the motion of the train when switching controls? In the past, I would switch modes from AI driving to manual driving on the fly as I saw fit such as navigating a complex yard where I'd let the AI do the driving, but out on the open road I'd take over all without stopping.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post

If that is the case than the days when the Brew Crew was active have truly gone. Even if they were not in there actively playing every day, they appeared to have had first hand knowledge about how the game was actually played and not just a theoretical perspective. What happens when bean counters rule the tracks.

Good thing hard-disk space is not at a premium anymore so I still have older versions installed and so can pick and choose depending what feature I need the most at any one time.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 110491 SP2, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post

Also why stop the motion of the train when switching controls? In the past, I would switch modes from AI driving to manual driving on the fly as I saw fit such as navigating a complex yard where I'd let the AI do the driving, but out on the open road I'd take over all without stopping.
    True on all of the above. However, It is rather easy now to select the driver of your loco in the new driver list at the left with all these faces. Problem I notice is that when this list is open, you can't do anything, such as play a horn or change views. At the end of the day we lose somethings and get new ones, but it is a little bit more pleasant as it was in Tane (my perception). Are they reading all this? Maybe, but for sure they say little about it.

Problem I notice is that when this list is open, you can't do anything, such as play a horn or change views.

Many of these problems I tried to solve in my Set-Driver-Condition-Rule, give it a try.