Turffx masking

Chris750

Going through the turffx tutorial and it states you can add a mask under 'advanced' to prevent turffx from being added to various items, like water. I have looked under the advanced panel and in the edit effects layer and cannot see a mask option. I have TRS19 platinum 110491, is perhaps the mask not included in my version?

Thanks.

I believe its only to people who have Trainz Plus installed. Looking at my TurfFx I have the advance options to do masking.

Thanks. I have to admit with so many different versions of TRS19 I have no idea what makes up plus, platinum, NA, Europe, space exploration....I thought plus and platinum contained the same content.

**Ok, found this: "For example, the new features from Trainz Plus introduced in 2019 were included in TRS19 Platinum Edition, now available from the Trainz Store."**

Last edited:
Hi Chris
The TRS19 Platinum Edition includes the first 3 Trainz Plus updates/features (ie the Trainz Plus features during 2019). To access newer Trainz Plus features, you would need to have an active Trainz Plus or Gold Membership, or alternatively wait for a future release that may include those features.

Regards

Hi Zec; Ok read up on Trainz plus and you always have to have a gold membership to have the plus add-ons effective, if you do not renew your gold membership you lose any and all plus that has not been released to the general public; myself I cannot afford to spend $21Cdn each month for a feature or two, not on a fixed pension (not looking for sympathy, just stating a limiting factor for me). So I will wait to see if it ever gets released, but all in all it is an easy work around to just use splines around objects.

Does the mask prevent grass from showing up on roads and tracks, or just water?

Thanks.

Back