Selected train is not under user control ??

stouthm

Get over it
What ?? Please bear with me. I need to explain what my problem is. Correct driver connected to the correct loco. I'm using the Schedule Library so I start the process. The logging consist drives to it's first industry and loads logs. It then follows the schedule until it gets to the mill and unloads the logs. It then proceeds to a signal which is not far and waits for the green. And waits and waits and waits, I then switch to manual control and apply power and the train moves several yards and stops and I get "Selected train is not under user control". Nothing wrong with the switches or track, no other trains coming in either direction but I'm at a standstill. My other 6 consists are running according to their schedule. What's going on ???

What ?? Please bear with me. I need to explain what my problem is. Correct driver connected to the correct loco. I'm using the Schedule Library so I start the process. The logging consist drives to it's first industry and loads logs. It then follows the schedule until it gets to the mill and unloads the logs. It then proceeds to a signal which is not far and waits for the green. And waits and waits and waits, I then switch to manual control and apply power and the train moves several yards and stops and I get "Selected train is not under user control". Nothing wrong with the switches or track, no other trains coming in either direction but I'm at a standstill. My other 6 consists are running according to their schedule. What's going on ???

The only thing I can think of that would cause this is if the train is in the industry when you pull it forward, it goes back under the industries control. Is there anything it says when you following the train in AI control, like "Driver Name is Stuck"?

The only time I've seen "not under control" "stuck on" is when I was learning loading cars at industries and the industry "stock" and load amounts were wrong so the load would start but not complete. At least that was my conclusion. It was some time ago and I forget specifics. In my case fiddling with industry and load amounts fixed it.

As in the two previous posts, this occurs when the train is at an active industry (including a station) and the loading/unloading is underway. The time taken can vary considerably between industries and with interactive stations you can set the loading/unloading time yourself.

I think I have also seen it when jumping into a train that was under AI control, but I may be mistaken there.

As in the two previous posts, this occurs when the train is at an active industry (including a station) and the loading/unloading is underway. The time taken can vary considerably between industries and with interactive stations you can set the loading/unloading time yourself.

I think I have also seen it when jumping into a train that was under AI control, but I may be mistaken there.

You are not mistaken. I have seen it when selecting a cab car and not the engine on a push-pull consist.

Maybe related: Trains are stuck on loading passengers different stations, same time. Seems to happen randomly at any given station on the route after 12+ hours of running. If I remove the "Load at" command the (any) train will not return under AI control (have to restart session). If I move the train manually, I've run into a train getting completely stuck with "Selected train is not under user control" message. This occurs after I try to move a train stuck at a station loading passengers. I can even move well beyond the station when this occurs. Would appreciate any ideas or things to check to resolve. Seems like the script gets caught up before closing doors. Thank you.

Last edited:
I've seen this when the industry did not have enough commodity to fill the load request. I a freight guy so I can't speak much about how my observation relates to passenger stations.

Back