Train no longer stops to unload logs

gt350

Been doing this for over 10 years and never had this issue. Using two build in industries. Pick up logs at forestry and drive to lumber mill update the train no longer stops to unload logs. Logs are the correct logs needed. Tried a 5 second stop before unload command same issue. Logs unload with the same train earlier in session. Any thing I am missing?

Have you installed any updates between when it last worked and when it first failed? This kind of thing has been heavily reported after recent updates.

Others have reported similar issues. I have a feeling this is related to the changes made to support the Trainz Living Railroad. Hopefully, N3V will update the code and fix this and other issues we've come across.

MasterTracklaye Industry worked only minutes before so update would not be an issue unless this is a random problem. Had other issues with train being idle and would no longer follow the schedule. Manual mode worked but not schedule. Seem to me there is something going on.

Well, this update has many issues, and one of the other bugs may have done this to you, but it looks like the specific group of bugs I had in mind are not responsible, as this is the first time I`ve heard that in connection with this type of failure.

The next thing that comes to mind is the possibility that the logs from the previous delivery are still in the industry, blocking additional deliveries, but you`ve probably checked for that. One thing that could cause the logs to still be there is the industry being disabled for some reason, but you`ve probably checked for that, too. Once we get past things like that, the things with tenuous connections that could have an obscure influence explodes into difficult-to-track numbers, and my random-idea-generator seems to be running a little slowly today. Have you checked the phase of the moon?

When the unload did work I ended up with one car not unloading. So I checked the industry and yes it was full. I then got rid of all the logs except one. Next time through did not stop. How do you disable an industry?

I don`t, but there are several ways to do so. The obvious way, for an industry that supports setting the production rate, is to set the rate such that it never produces output. I think that some new ways to do so have been added since I last knew anything current on this subject. There may even be a simple check-box somewhere to disable it, for all I know.

Hmm, this shouldn`t have anything to do with your issues, but are you using Drive to/via or Navigate to/via? Are you using drive/navigate To or drive/navigate Via? The four commands do four different things that are almost indistinguishable each from the other three. With recent changes, it is definitely possible that something that used to make no difference is now significant, or that some minor thing that is different from the first drive-through to the drive-by on the next pass has become important. Trying to track this stuff down can sometimes be like chasing rainbows, once the obvious has been eliminated. Have you ever caught a rainbow? Anyway, try using all four of those commands, and see if any of them work better than the rest. The Unload command is another thing that might have become sensitive to former irrelevancies. Try a different one, see if it works any better or worse. Heck, try changing the time of day in your game, and see if that makes a difference. (Probably not, but I don`t actually know not. Certainly should not, however.) Switching out the cars for other cars should not make a difference either, but you never know. What happens if you send a second train instead of returning the first? Point is we don`t know what they have done under the hood, which means we have no idea what interactions between things have changed, either. I really have no idea what else to suggest trying, except "random things", and see if any make a difference. A repeatable difference, preferably.

gt350 - Would appreciate it if you would please provide the specific KUIDs for the built-ins you're experiencing this issue with. (Examples: <kuid:-25:1233> Lumber Mill Basic (Auran) OR <kuid:-25:630> Lumber Mill (Auran) OR <kuid2:117140:10027:1> Lumber Mill (DaveRP derivative) AND <kuid:-25:1231> Forestry Basic (Auran)

Remember that logs will not unload at the Lumber Mills if the output queues (woodchips and lumber) are full. i.e. Clear the outputs in time to allow log unloading.

Also check that certain dwarf signals scripting issues are not affecting your mill or forestry operations.
I typically have a trackmark - and a dwarf signal - on the siding leading to the forestry or mill industry's loading or unloading points. Recently I found that legacy <kuid:-12:301> Misc Dwarf RHS (Auran) have ceased to function reliably these days, so I bulk-updated them with other dwarves that do (Example: <kuid2:407646:1012:20> BNSF Signal dwarf 3 RS T ) and resolved the driver loading/unloading functionality.

Remember that logs will not unload at the Lumber Mills if the output queues (woodchips and lumber) are full. i.e. Clear the outputs in time to allow log unloading.
When did that become relevant? Back when I was playing with Trainz 2004/2009/2010, the output queue had nothing to do with it; all it needed was space in the input queue. The output queue(s) being full blocked the operation of the plant, but the plant not operating did not block unloading there until the input queues were full. I particularly remember seeing this in action at the Lumber Mill Basic, where I could see the log and wood queues.

For as long as I can remember, going back to the original assets... The queues are interdependent. So the timing of loading and pickups are critical.

That`s odd. I`m sure that I would have noticed and remembered something as peculiar as that. The queues are interdependent, by virtue of the processing rules, so the timing of loading and unloading are important, but I certainly do not remember anything as absurd (but possible, definitely possible, depending on the scripting) as being unable to top up input queues simply because the output queues are full.

I`m trying hard to not say that I think you are wrong, but that is certainly not the way that I would arrange it if I were in charge, and not at all how I remember it. If my Trainz22PE 123801 install were currently stable enough to do so, I would test for myself to see if things now are not as I remember. I can easily believe that N3V had screwed things up with one of their updates, though. They have broken (usually with warning) a lot of things, and this could certainly be one of them.

gt350 - Would appreciate it if you would please provide the specific KUIDs for the built-ins you're experiencing this issue with. (Examples: <kuid:-25:1233> Lumber Mill Basic (Auran) OR <kuid:-25:630> Lumber Mill (Auran) OR <kuid2:117140:10027:1> Lumber Mill (DaveRP derivative) AND <kuid:-25:1231> Forestry Basic (Auran)

Also check that certain dwarf signals scripting issues are not affecting your mill or forestry operations.
I typically have a trackmark - and a dwarf signal - on the siding leading to the forestry or mill industry's loading or unloading points. Recently I found that legacy <kuid:-12:301> Misc Dwarf RHS (Auran) have ceased to function reliably these days, so I bulk-updated them with other dwarves that do (Example: <kuid2:407646:1012:20> BNSF Signal dwarf 3 RS T ) and resolved the driver loading/unloading functionality.
The Kuids are both Auran Kuid2:327871:103183.1, Kuid2:327871:103185.1

The Kuids are both Auran Kuid2:327871:103183.1, Kuid2:327871:103185.1
They look like 3rd party (or perhaps your own user ID kuids) to me. Did you clone and modify the Auran originals perhaps? What is your User ID? Is it 327871?
The kuids I quoted above are the usual Auran originals/ packaged/ built-ins. The old Auran -3s have been updated over the years and are frequently prefixed with -25 these days.

Suggest create a simple diorama single-board route containing one of the built-in Auran lumber mills, preferably on a through-siding from the main line. Put a trackmark before each loading/ unloading station (e.g. log-dropoff, lumber-pickup, woodchips, etc.) and get your AI driver to Drive to: the trackmark, Wait for: 5 seconds, then Navigate to: (Name of the Mill); (loading/ or Unloading station), then issue the Load: or Unload: driver command as appropriate.
commands.jpg

Here's an example that I set up to illustrate this using <kuid:-25:1233> Lumber Mill Basic :
lumbermill_setup.jpg

You'll need to configure the industry in Session Edit mode to consume or produce the commodities involved at the rates appropriate for the intended frequency of your pickups and deliveries. Optimally, try for continuous production and balanced inputs/ outputs.
In the scenario above, I needed two consists/ drivers to take away the lumber and one to pickup woodchips and another to drop off logs to ensure continuous operations at the rates I set.
And because the mill is so busy, I needed to add the dwarf signals to regulate the traffic flows to avoid congestion.
rates.jpg

Hope this helps!
Cheers. PC.

Last edited:
Back