More Missing Items

boleyd

This morning, as usual, there are all kinds of new anomalies in the data I stored from the Database. Bunch of Open For Edits, Missing Vegetation Train, and the usual New Version available. This a VERY stressful period of time. I look to Trainz as a refuge from the outside world of disease and anarchy. Most of the time the program works well within boundaries that seem to vary. Most errors are my fault. I can easily correct them with wasted time. However, the constant changes in the database are very upsetting. Today's example id the Vegetation Train disappeared. Also, the list of Open For Edits. Almost every day something disappears from my database or is altered in the Master Database. I wish that whoever is doing this would stop.

I have no leverage over N3V. So I can only plead for a more professional management of the database. I ask that the management consider the impact on some of their customers from constant changes.

If however, I am the loan person in this, then I can only conclude that this is the strangest set of events I have ever seen. I have new loads of Platinum and Plus. So if this is an exclusive situation, the computer, or specifically the SSD, are surgically injecting errors.

For starters in Trainz it is wise to have auto kuid updates set to off.
Only download what is required for your favourite routes and sessions.
If one kuid is modified and updated then it is likely that some of its dependencies may also need modifications.

Great suggestion.
I think that is now in Settings as Automatically Download DLC Updates. I only say that because I can't find it elsewhere.

An example of my angst is that there are Builtin items who are showing New Version Available. I assume the recommended response is Download but Builtins do not allow that. There used to be a newer copy (higher KUID number) shown that you could select. But that is gone in this case. Rebuild did not change the status of the Builtins.

Great suggestion.
I think that is now in Settings as Automatically Download DLC Updates. I only say that because I can't find it elsewhere.

An example of my angst is that there are Builtin items who are showing New Version Available. I assume the recommended response is Download but Builtins do not allow that. There used to be a newer copy (higher KUID number) shown that you could select. But that is gone in this case. Rebuild did not change the status of the Builtins.

Again...... for new versions of builtins, right click > list asset versions> download the newest version.

I guess I would ask this.. If you don't enjoy working with new versions, updates, etc then why not just stick to a standard setup and keep it? Turn off update streams, beta's, etc etc. Download only what you know you want. Get a stable install and then just keep it.

I have a saying when it comes to computers and software: "Don't let the computer (or app) drive you. You do the driving yourself!"

Back