Slip Junctions

BlackDiamond1964

Shadow Banned By N3V
I'm making a yard that has a few slip junctions in it. I've never done these in Trainz. #1 Is possible to do with procedural track? #2 What would be the best way to set the junctions for this?
I did do a search here for slip junctions but all the posts were 6 years and older...I assume that information is outdated.

Screenshot-2020-08-21-18-39-01.png

The procedure for making these junctions hasn't changed so follow that process you found.

You can use procedural turnouts, but the extra frogs won't be generate so you'll need to put in the track-object kind.

The procedure for making these junctions hasn't changed so follow that process you found.

You can use procedural turnouts, but the extra frogs won't be generate so you'll need to put in the track-object kind.

I might of worded that wrong. I meant adding the separate junctions levers to the turn out. I don't think I can fit in all those junction levers in that small area.

When I came to install the one and only double slip on my Norfolk (Uk) layout I used invisible junction levers because it was impossible to fit any kind of visible lever into the formation.

While I'm on the subject of junctions. Is there a why to hide all these junction arrows while I work on the yard? It's starting to look awful busy.

Screenshot-2020-08-21-21-26-55.png

If you tick the 'limit contextual information' box in the options tab you'll only see the arrows when working with Trackside assets.

Does CTRL-H work in surveyor, or only in driver?

There is and there isn't a similar function. Disable the contextual help, and spline circles will disappear until you select something with splines whether that be track or scenery. I wish there was a way to color-code them so track is green and regular splines are a different color. That would make finding things much easier when there's lots of splines in one place.

I'm making a yard that has a few slip junctions in it. I've never done these in Trainz. #1 Is possible to do with procedural track? #2 What would be the best way to set the junctions for this?
I did do a search here for slip junctions but all the posts were 6 years and older...I assume that information is outdated.

Lookup Single Slip and Double Slip from the content manager. There are several fixed track objects available

you can place the junction controller asset as far away from the junction as you wish by changing the value of the "trackside" tag in the config file. You can also move it along the track in Surveyor. Changing the sign of the tag moves the controller to the other side of the track.

Model railroaders do this for tight sections (using heavy wire) . Real yards have this feature also.

Last edited:
Back