XLS files on the DLS?

Greetings fellow Trainzers,

Soon I plan to upload my London to Lille operations route to the DLS after finally repairing the mayhem visited upon it by bringing it from Trainz2010 straight into TANE, and upgrading it accordingly.

My question is this:

If I include a spreadsheet file in the route folder ( .xls format), will it get purged out by the DLS? Or will it be available with the route when downloaded by someone?

Or will doing this cause the upload to fail somehow?

Is there another reason that I am unaware of as to why I should not attempt this?

Thanks in advance
A71

If I include a spreadsheet file in the route folder ( .xls format), will it get purged out by the DLS? Or will it be available with the route when downloaded by someone?

Saving to CSV format and changing the extension to TXT should remove any risk of it getting purged, as well as allowing it to be loaded into a large variety of different applications.

Hi A71,

I've just downloaded your scenery items from the DLS and it looks really good so I am very eager to try out your London to Lille route. I've seen in the screenshots you've utilised TVM signalling which is great as there are some good TGV cab interiors that actually function with TVM signalling, but my main question is what is the scale of the route? Is it going to be full length?

Thanks in advance and I really look forward to checking it out.

Ben =)

Hi A71,

I've just downloaded your scenery items from the DLS and it looks really good so I am very eager to try out your London to Lille route. I've seen in the screenshots you've utilised TVM signalling which is great as there are some good TGV cab interiors that actually function with TVM signalling, but my main question is what is the scale of the route? Is it going to be full length?

Thanks in advance and I really look forward to checking it out.

Ben =)

Hi Ben, yep, it is at 1:1 scale.

To (kind of) simulate in-cab signalling I use the "mc display custom HUD V2 (SP2 and later)" rule which displays the state of the next signal and junction well in advance. It is already in the base sessions that will be uploaded with the route.

It is in the final stages of the upload process so it should appear on the DLS soon, and I just made a post in the relevant forum section here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-Lille-belatedly-released-for-your-inspection

A71

Back